Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to convert a 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited to a Road Glide so I ordered a new fairing interconnect wiring harness from a 2010 FLTRX. The only problem is it's on back order until March, and I ordered it in December. The 09 harness is a different part number than the 10, and I don't know about the 11. Does anyone know what changed on the harness in these years? I wouldn't think there was any major changes, but they do have different part numbers. I'm hoping I can order a different year harness and make it work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the 2011 have the same part number as the 2010? It's 70274-10. That's the part I ordered in the middle of December.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The reason the '09 is different from the '10 is because beginning with the '10 model year, the Custom didn't come with the Ultra controls already installed in the front end. No Cruise Control standard. The speaker switch, handlebar controls for the intercom and CB must be added if you want to have them on the '10/Later Custom models. The '09 already has these and is included in the wiring. Nothing to add except the Non-Ultra Radio Harness (70169-06A) to add the CB module (and antenna) and the Headset plug. Add the Passenger plug to have the intercom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts