Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2009 RG. Original handle bars caused me to lean forward to much. So I replaced them with heritage bars. gave me some relief.

Now I hear that Road King Police bike bars come back further than stock. But do they come back further than the heritage bar I have now?

Anyone familiar with this issue? Know where I can get dimensions for various bars?

thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
They might be listed here;

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Handlebars/Stock_Bars.html

Truth be told, nothing is more comfortable than a good fitting set of apes. Sonny Barger said it best, he talked about where most people put their hands on the wheel when driving a cage and it's usually on top. When you look at the hand to shoulder position of most drivers like that, they're hands are just slightly higher than their shoulders. I just put 12s on my 09 and feel they'll be a great change for my upcoming season.

Just thought I'd offer a little insight.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Agreed! I put a set od Todd Cycles 12" on mine and that fixed all my comfort issues.. Plus they look waaaaay better than stock bars

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I don't like apes but I like the heritage bar and that's what I use. IMO what good is having a fairing if you have your hands above the windshield.
Also at my age I need all the blood circulation I can going to my hands so keeping my hands lower then my shoulders is important to me.
The heritage bars are very comfortable for me and I been using them for years and you can't beat the cost either.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Take a look at Khrome Werks 2+2s. Several guys on here have them an there are a few threads if you do a search. They have a little bit of an arc back to you. I had the Heritage bars and they were OK but these are better for my short arms.

·
Administrator
12,298 Posts
I have a pre production set of the 2+2 KW sweepers , they are the best bars I have ever had , and great price to boot

JtB

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm 5'9", not sure about the reach but its not much. The great thing about the 2+2s is the arc. I have mine rolled forword and they kind of look like mini apes but still come back a little because of the arc. You can increase the come back the more you roll them back to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts