Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's involved for this switch? Is it possible? So far I know the OS's are bigger and the plugs for them are 2 prong vs 4 and the locations are different. Reason for the switch is tuning. I already got the pipe w/shields at a swap meet last week for $45. If the switch is too involved, I sell the pipe and go with plan B.:confused:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
What's involved for this switch? Is it possible? So far I know the OS's are bigger and the plugs for them are 2 prong vs 4 and the locations are different. Reason for the switch is tuning. I already got the pipe w/shields at a swap meet last week for $45. If the switch is too involved, I sell the pipe and go with plan B.:confused:
The swap shouldn't be to difficult, however as you stated the o2 bungs are different sizes. The location shouldn't be too much of an issue as there is some slack in the wiring which should accommodate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Let's see, how to explain. The O2 sensors are different size and type. 09 is broad band versus 12 narrow band. To reinstall your original sensors you will need to drill a couple holes in the 09 head pipe and have a couple of bungs welded in. You will need to plug the holes (18mm) up near the heads. These bungs can be bought cheap and a custom exhaust shop should be able to install them if you don't have the means to do so. The smaller (14mm) sensors need to stay in the stock location unless you are running a controller that autotunes using the wide band sensors. Hope I didn't confuse you or get anything wrong there. I took a buddys 09 pipe and welded in the bungs.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
An easier thing to do IMO is to just gut the catalytic converter out of the original head pipe. It's pretty easy to do and there are posts on here that show you how to do it. If you don't want to do it yourself I have an extra 2010 head pipe that I can decat and sell it to you for $85 if you ship me yours back $140 if you don't ship yours back. Just PM me!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
you're all set if you decide to go with a tuner,like a thundermax that uses wideband o2's.The stock sensors might work if they were adapted to screw in and the wires were rerouted,or else you could weld in some of the small o2 bungs down close to stock location.

I'm running a pipe for an 09 on my bike,bolts right up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts