Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy and I are building this bike for him. We have ordered a bunch of parts

Cvo rear facia.
Chrome lower legs
New wheels
Saddle bag extensions
Wild ones 12 apes
And a bunch of contrast cut parts. Going to paint the inner orange.
Just started on it this morning and got a lot done today. Sending parts to paint on Monday. Want to have it done and ready to ride in a month.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353791084.244743.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353791100.476533.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a good color. I didn't think I would like the orange but I do. He picked it up cheap. His Neighbor had the bike since 09 it has the 103 kit and Harley forward facing air cleaner. The bike only has 1000 miles on it. I really enjoyed doing this working on it and put it together especially when it's not my money.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wheels are on the plate holder is on. Floor board inserts are on. Ventilator air cleaner is on. Chrome inner primary cover is on. 103 derby cover is on. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355006629.057267.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355006657.937745.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So here is the story to this bike. My buddy bought this bike a month ago from his neighbor who bought it new in 2009. When the neighbor bought the bike it was a 96 inch with only cruise. He had the big bore 103 put in it. Had it 3 years and put 1000 miles on it. Fast forward to now my buddy bought it for a steal. He already has 2 bikes a cvo ultra classic and a chopper. So he called me and says I found a roadie and I want to customize it. What should we do? So I go look at the bike he decides he likes the color and wants to do contrast cut wheels. So I put the list of stuff that I would put on it and off shopping we go. Ended up with contrast cut parts from Harley , Arlen Ness and jack knife , And Performance Machine. Ordered the security system from Harley and chrome front end. We did cvo rear facia and bag extensions. All parts are at the painter and should start on them this week. Can't wait to get it together. We are going to take it to Daytona in march. It's going to be an awesome bike when we get done. Best part is I get to build it and don't have to pay for it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355617688.210185.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355617705.888765.jpg

Did some more today handlebars are internally wired and mounted. Picked up some more parts. Yaffe crash bar eliminator tweeters for the faring and chrome bolts and screws for the primary. Painter called and wants to show paint on one of the parts for match before he shoots the rest. Can't wait till its done

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also gutted the cat out of the head pipe and welded it back together. What a job that was. Not sure what it was made of but it's not ceramic. What a pia it was to get out. Drilled chiseled scraped pulled and pried took a couple of hours from start to finish.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts