Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning a 99 Softail for 7yrs and then a 06 Road King for 7yrs, it was time for a new ride. Instead of buying new again and changing out perfectly good parts for aftermarket parts to personalize my bike, I decided to purchase a used bike this time and spend the money saved on building the bike I wanted.

Searched online and found a 09 Road Glide at Copper Canyon HD in Butte MT. A short 8hr drive from the Okanagan Valley in BC Canada, and I had my new project bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taking the inner fairing off, I didnt want to mess with all the wiring, so I made my own shortcut. With a Dremmel tool, I cut a slot in the fairing and simply lifted it off the bike instead of passing all the wires through.
I'm sure some will not agree with what I did...but don't judge me. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the latest trend going towards tall front wheels, I wanted to go short & beefy. I contacted Drew at HogPro through this forum, and he hooked me up with a 4 1/2" wide rear wheel, with the spacing setup for a front wheel. And a 180 rear tire mounted backwards. It fit perfect. (thanks Drew) The pic shows the stock front tire compared to the new 180 front tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered a front fender from Klock Werks and had it cut down the middle for test fitting. It needed to be widened 1.5".
Agar Autobody in Kelowna did an awesome job of cutting and welding the front fender for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Test fit the 6" stretched bags and rear fender from Baggers Project, and the Paul Yaffee stretched tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After cutting the inner fairing for easier removal, I installed it after paint and used silicone to replace the piece that was cut out. Small circles with the tube of silicone left a nice looking "bead" that is really strong and still holding up today

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's and awesome job you did! I like the pearl in the paint. Great contrast with all the blacked out stuff. I want the fat front tire also.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Kick ass sled!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts