Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put an 09-13 SE Compensator (42200064A) on 07 FLTR?

I found one on eBay and they claim it will fit 07 and newer baggers, but for 07-10 you need a "volt tech alternator rotor".

I pinged them, but they are unaware of a part number or this and suggested either a Cycle Electric or Drag Specialties, but instead of the rotor cover they suggest a whole stator kit.....:surprise:

Is any of this legit, or necessary?

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
I dont know anything about the ebay one youre looking at but if its a HD SE compensator you will need a different stator rotor. I believe dealers sell them for about $150ish. And I believe they started putting the 96" engine in the bikes in 07. The 88" engines didn't have compensator issues

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
the 07 to 09 models had the same rotor the 10 and later models had a different rotor.
The SE compensator you're referring too will work on the 07 model without changing rotors so that part is good. The current version of HD SE compensators will not work without a rotor change.
Personally I would just get off the extra money and get a Baker compensator but you will still need to change rotors if you decide to do that.
The SE compensator you're looking at still had issues going out, the problem is HD didn't put any oiling channels in the compensator which lead to failure overtime. Don't get me wrong that version of the SE comp was better than the stock comp in the 07 model bike and you should get a couple of years of normal riding out of it if the comp you buy is new not used.
I went through 2 of those SE compensators in my 08 until I went with the Baker comp, I never did try the current version of the HD comp.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I went through 2 of those SE compensators in my 08 until I went with the Baker comp, I never did try the current version of the HD comp.
Was that with or without gluing the plastic widgets to the inside of the outer primary?

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Was that with or without gluing the plastic widgets to the inside of the outer primary?
You don't need to glue anything onto the inner if you use the Baker Compensator.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just got through ordering my Baker compensator. I already have the Baker attitude chain adjuster so i should have everything in a few days to install it all. Looking forward to getting started. It says to use 45oz of primary oil, is that right? I have a 2013 RGC.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
when removing the primary cover, you go with 45 oz. when just doing a fluid change, 38 oz.

·
Registered
807 Posts
You don't need to glue anything onto the inner if you use the Baker Compensator.
Yes, I took the liberty of assuming that part ... I was just curious about the 2 dead SE compensators. Did you install the glue in plastic bits and have them fail anyway? Either way how long did it take before they failed?

I ask because on a friends advice - and in the interest of time - I skipped then when installing mine ... and am wondering if/when it might be likely to bite me in the ass. It's been in there over a year and so far all is just fine.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Yes, I took the liberty of assuming that part ... I was just curious about the 2 dead SE compensators. Did you install the glue in plastic bits and have them fail anyway? Either way how long did it take before they failed?

I ask because on a friends advice - and in the interest of time - I skipped then when installing mine ... and am wondering if/when it might be likely to bite me in the ass. It's been in there over a year and so far all is just fine.
The original SE compensator for the 07 - 13 touring models did not require and widgets, HD changed the SE compensator to a new and improved version in 2014 which require widgets to be glued in the 07 -13 models, the 14 and later models had the widget molded into the primary cover.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I RUN THE BDL New Design Compensator Sprocket for Big Twins - 34T (07-Up) WITH NO CHAGES TO MY ROTOR/STATOR IT CURED ALL THE BACKLASH WHILE STARTING A 11:1 COMPRESSION ENGINE COST UNDER 200.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update.....

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

So, from further research :nerd: I'm deciding against two options.....

1. Newest SE Comp with the Compensaver
-OR-
2. Baker Comp

Either way I need a new stator cover....

Price points are pretty damn close once you include the Compensaver with the SE Comp.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I RUN THE BDL New Design Compensator Sprocket for Big Twins - 34T (07-Up) WITH NO CHAGES TO MY ROTOR/STATOR IT CURED ALL THE BACKLASH WHILE STARTING A 11:1 COMPRESSION ENGINE COST UNDER 200.00
How many miles you have on your bdl??? check your mail i sent you a email ;-)

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts