Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having trouble with my engine light. After the bike is up to temp.If you shut it off and try to restart,the engine light will come back on after the bike is running.At this point there is a loss of power and the cruise controll wont work. After shutting off the bike and cycling the ignition it resets and runs fine. Any thoughts. Appreciate any help on this.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Whats that thing ya gotta do to recycle the High Idle problem?
Sumthin like turning off the bike,like you have stated, then like doing it a couple more times to recycle for the High Idle.
Dont no if that would work, but its worth a thought.
Sumbody will chime in that knows what I'm talkn bout.
That sucks Digga

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried checking for codes through the TTS but nothing came up because it was not happening at the time. If the light does not come on it runs fine.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm monitoring this thread closely for obvious reasons. I have a PCV and a little over 14K miles and have not experienced this problem, unfortunately i don't have any fixes to add to the discussion.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have you cleaned your speed sensor ? I would pull it out and check it. I believe they are around 50 bucks if you need to replace it.

Also have you checked your speedo for codes there? hold in the button for the odometer and turn the bike on hold it i think it is 5 seconds then click through each of the sections to see if any codes are there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Martin, thanks for the link but the TTS should pick up any codes.

Unbalanced would the speedo archive any events,or just pick up during the event, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Martin, thanks for the link but the TTS should pick up any codes.

Unbalanced would the speedo archive any events,or just pick up during the event, thanks for the help.

The speedo will collect current and historic events, do the speedo check first. Doc

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Either check or have your dealer check the wiring under the dash on the tank. Last time I had this, it happened to be either a loose or exposed wire, which was causing a short and messing with the EFI. Another indication will be that your gas mileage has gone down 5 to 10 miles per gallon or more. I had this issue twice, the first dealership did a sh_tty job fixing the short. So make sure that any fixes include soidering the wires back and using shrink wrap arround the impacted area, if this happens to be the issue.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Doc is correct. Also on the 09's and up there have been some issues with the connections to the computer. They get dirty as well as as do not mate up good this would also be something your dealer should check if it is not the speed sensor or a code in the speedo pointing to something else. I would lean towards this as a loose connection my stop the codes from being captured.

Please check out the link to the tech article tt-418. I tried uploading the PDF but the site says its not accepted.

http://www.abtmeyer-fricke.de/public/Diverses/H-D TT418[1].pdf

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doc,I checked the speedo and there were no codes at all,either new or archived.
Unbalanced,thanks for the link I have seen this already but I dont think it applys.I do believe that the possibility of the ECM pins being oxydized can be the problem because when I checked the book it says that these fault functions, eng light on,no cruise,limited power, are directly related to ECM. So I will unplug, clean, dialectic grease the pins and try it.Thanks guys for the direction.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This started after I installed the TTS Mastertune. Dont know if i did something wrong but other than that it runs like a champ and I can beat my wifes bike,and couldnt before.

·
Registered
293 Posts
This started after I installed the TTS Mastertune. Dont know if i did something wrong but other than that it runs like a champ and I can beat my wifes bike,and couldnt before.

Easy to check if its the TTS. Load your stock map back in the bike and see if the problem goes away. If not load the TTS map back in the bike and see if that makes a diffance. Doc

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Doc that sounds like a good toubleshooting method.Unfortunately we just got dumped on by mother nature 20+ inches of snow. Luckily for me I am in Deerfield beach Florida,wish I had my bike with me instead of my wife! Oh shit here she comes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts