Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I exaggerate. I have a 17 Road Glide Ultra. I think it rides pretty good ( I know it could be better) and am fairly satisfied. However, I'm vertically challenged. How can I lower it without worsening the ride? Is that too tall an order (or short, as it were)? I will probably send the seat to Mean City, but shorter shocks would also help.
______

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would go the seat route first before lowering it. You're bound to sacrifice some ride quality by using lower shocks. Maybe try the lowering blocks.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Super Shox have 13"and 14" shocks that sit the bike like a 12" shock.

Reactions: Oldbie

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the progressive 944 and they dropped the ass end down an inch and ride better than the stock shocks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had the Supeshox 13" on the 16 RGU and they were a ton better than stock and lowered the bike. I now have the 14" Supershox on the bike (they come with a extension to sit like a 12") and they eat the bumps. Also ride smooth and better handling because that back tire no longer hops on the bumps. Planted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the Supeshox 13" on the 16 RGU and they were a ton better than stock and lowered the bike. I now have the 14" Supershox on the bike (they come with a extension to sit like a 12") and they eat the bumps. Also ride smooth and better handling because that back tire no longer hops on the bumps. Planted!

If possible can you take a picture of the 14"'s with this extension and post. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Talk to Legends Suspension

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
How much do the Super Shox cost? I have a 2015 Special. I just requested a quote on their website.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Everyone seems to have the opinion that the shock they have is the best. I want to know who has has the S Shox and the Ohlins which one they liked the best. I want to put a Super Shox on one side and an Ohlins on the other and see which butt cheek hurts first. Thats what I want to do...Now thats a test...If you aint had both you don't know....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Everyone seems to have the opinion that the shock they have is the best. I want to know who has has the S Shox and the Ohlins which one they liked the best. I want to put a Super Shox on one side and an Ohlins on the other and see which butt cheek hurts first. Thats what I want to do...Now thats a test...If you aint had both you don't know....
The initial question was lowering and improving the ride.

S Shock vs. Ohlins humm... To each his own, but I do believe a test as suggested puts the butt somewhere super special. :smile:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wear 30" jeans, but my inseam is probably 29".

I'm in the same boat with the inseam and only 65.5" in height. I use a limited low seat and the S Shox and am flat footed at a stop. I can move the bike around pretty good.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
I in NO way ever said Super Shox were the best. I only ever said , I like the ride the shocks I bought provide and they are made in the USA.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in the same boat with the inseam and only 65.5" in height. I use a limited low seat and the S Shox and am flat footed at a stop. I can move the bike around pretty good.

I take it you're happy with the SS ride? What length did you use?
The local H-D dealer tends to push Legends, but they also sell Super Shox.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts