Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody running 1.9 intake valves on a stock 103? It seemed like ported heads with OS valves on a stock 103 with cams has been done all over the place with dyno sheets posted all over the internet. Would like first hand success or horror stories with concern about piston / valve contact. Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Depends on the TDC lift of the cam. When I did mine back in the day I opened up the reliefs in the pistons while still on the bike at the recommendation of my head builder. to be honest though, I probably would have been fine without.

Get some clay and bolt the heads up to the bike and turn the engine over by hand. You'll see what kind of clearances you have. Stop if you feel any resistance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, FuelMoto claims they have done just this a bunch of times with a TW777 (.187 TDC) I Did it with a CR570-2 (.151TDC), .030 gasket and level B heads. I should be at least .030” better off than a 777. It runs hard and sounds fine, just letting my mind wander a bit before I have it dynoed. Cycle Rama also quoted me the parts to get it done just wound up going with FM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts