Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
It does take a little longer for the oil to circulate back through the engine so it does cool it a little bit more. It is not a difference you will feel while riding but even if it's only 5 degrees that is a fair amount for the engine. That however is not enough to justify the price of either of those oversized oil pans IMHO. I think the better benefit if you get a good deal on one is that since there is more oil, its cycle through the engine is larger so in theory it could help the oil last a little longer so you may go more mile between oil changes. The down side is that it will cost you the price of 1 quart of oil more at every oil change. I had one installed while having some warranty work done so I didn't have to pay labor and they gave me an incredible deal on the price of the pan, otherwise I can't say I would spend the money on this. If you have a stock engine and you are just looking for a way to make it feel less hot on your legs then this is not the answer. I do however like having more oil cycled the engine, especially on larger displacement engines. Hope this helps.

Oh and I also now have the UltaCool oil cooler and that is where I would spend the money first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts