Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally have some time to post this...

After sorting out my motor issues (compression loss of 20% front and 50% rear) and finding a shop to do the work properly (won't ever take anything to Welch's in Edmonton, AB again) my bike is running good.

Duke's Speed Shop in Minnesota rebuilt and tuned the motor for me. It's a Head-Quarters (HQ) 103" with CP (not Wiseco like on the sheet) pistons, HQ ported heads, HQ 575 cam, Drago's true duals with cut 2.05 baffles.

It runs 99.5 HP and 108.4 TQ and sounds great!

The numbers are a bit less than we expected but I like the look of the dual pipes instead of a 2 into 1. Next time I'd look at a different cam, 500 or 525, and perhaps a 2 into 1 exhaust to get the numbers up.

It is fun to ride pulling nice and strong from the start and seems to be getting stronger with more miles. :D

Stephen

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Looks great and thats a great tq curve and with true duals..... yes are Dragula 2:1 would better. 1000 and 4000 grand

Well, I finally have some time to post this...

After sorting out my motor issues (compression loss of 20% front and 50% rear) and finding a shop to do the work properly (won't ever take anything to Welch's in Edmonton, AB again) my bike is running good.

Duke's Speed Shop in Minnesota rebuilt and tuned the motor for me. It's a Head-Quarters (HQ) 103" with CP (not Wiseco like on the sheet) pistons, HQ ported heads, HQ 575 cam, Drago's true duals with cut 2.05 baffles.

It runs 99.5 HP and 108.4 TQ and sounds great!

The numbers are a bit less than we expected but I like the look of the dual pipes instead of a 2 into 1. Next time I'd look at a different cam, 500 or 525, and perhaps a 2 into 1 exhaust to get the numbers up.

It is fun to ride pulling nice and strong from the start and seems to be getting stronger with more miles. :D

Stephen

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Looks good and it will get better with a few miles you got good street hsp and trq I think that is what you need

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts