Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Well I've kept the stock "windshield" on my '13 RGC long enough. It's a complete waste. Looking for something with better wind protection that I can still see fully over and will continue to allow some wind to hit me. I'm 5'9" 31.5 inseam. Both these windshield are priced the same, but according to the web pages, the Liberty seems to be made better and comes with all new hardware. Anyone have experience with these two specifically? Oh, and I'm looking at dark smoke.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have had both and I like the freedom shield better. Both control the wind the same way but the freedom shield had a better fit and finish. It looked better to me. Also the freedom was made of a thicker material.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am looking at the same two. I like the liberty in the fact that you can bolt it on and return its not 100% what you want.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have a 10" light tint Windvest. it's a great shield that offers all the wind blockage I need (way better than stock) and, in my opinion, still looks slick. both the wife and I sat behind the shield for a 10 day trip and had no complaints.

8th day of the trip. still smiling.

this pic of the 10" WV may help you get an idea of how tall it is.

the freedom shield is made of a thicker material but I think I like the shape of the windvest better. the sides look taller on the freedom, too tall for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just put the 10"windvest on my 13 because the stock is pointless. Can't speak for the freedom , but the windvest does a great job at blocking enough wind for me until about 65-70 mph then i feel the buffering on my head. Im 5'11" 32" inseam. I think if i was going to do a long ride at high speeds i would put a 12 or higher on. but i like the functionality and look of the 10....

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I have the 12" WindVest and had looked at the Freedom Shield as well. I decided to go with the WindVest because it matched the stock shield in thickness closer(I liked that idea better). When I spoke to WindVest on the phone, without hesitation they stated if I was not happy with the shield they would work with me.

I am happy with the WindVest; I think either shield would be a great choice, good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the pics and feedback. I decided, finally, to give the 10" Freedom in dark smoke a try. I think a little more width up top may give a slight wind advantage to the Windvest. I will post pics and let all of you know how well it works.

Order placed 04/09/15. I should have it in about 10 days. Made to order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts