Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a set of 10 inch Yafee bars pretty cheap. How would they compare to the stock RGU bars. Anyone have any pictures of them installed that would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same. I like better than stock bars. Little farther reach with the yaffe which helped me. My right shoulder would hurt with the stock bars. Doesn't bother me now with the yaffe bars. That being said if I had to do it over I would have went with 12" or 13" yaffes. Was afraid I would have to change brake/clutch hoses, add extensions but could have done 12" with stock brake lines, cables etc.
Heres a comparison that should give you an idea. I'm 6' with 32" inseam

The day I bought it and after yaffe install

Have know idea why one pic is upside down. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So really this would not be a smart decision? I can get them for 250. Don't want to change them if there shorter.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
So really this would not be a smart decision? I can get them for 250. Don't want to change them if there shorter.

Ya. Not going to do you any good unless you're looking shorter. If you're looking for taller. Spend the money once. I went with 12" on my special. Stock is 9".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Their more straight up than stock, less pullback. Your reach will be extended which helped a bunch for me. I would say yours hands are a little wider and wrists are a little straighter with yaffes. I felt crowded with stock bars using the stock seat. Bought a mustang summit seat which sit me back a couple of inches. Gave me more room but after changing to the yaffe bars the mustang sit me back a little to far for my liking. Went back to the stock seat and it works for me now. You can see by the pics I posted that my arms are straighter now which helped my riding position and shoulder pain.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Their more straight up than stock, less pullback. Your reach will be extended which helped a bunch for me. I would say yours hands are a little wider and wrists are a little straighter with yaffes. I felt crowded with stock bars using the stock seat. Bought a mustang summit seat which sit me back a couple of inches. Gave me more room but after changing to the yaffe bars the mustang sit me back a little to far for my liking. Went back to the stock seat and it works for me now. You can see by the pics I posted that my arms are straighter now which helped my riding position and shoulder pain.

I also have a Mustang Summit seat that sits me back 1.75. I am thinking I should not get them. I have no problem with the stock Bars really. The only reason I was considering it was because they were so cheap. The guy selling them is an HD certified mechanic and can put them on for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep. If your under 6' I would say No if your happy with the mustang seat. I tilted the yaffe bars back ever so little to help with reach using mustang seat but it put my wrist at a slightly different angle which I didn't like. I considered the tall boy Road Glide bars which are same pullback as stock bars but 2" higher. But never got any feedback from anyone that has them. You might check them out if your just wanting a little higher bar.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ya. Not going to do you any good unless you're looking shorter. If you're looking for taller. Spend the money once. I went with 12" on my special. Stock is 9".
RFG, when you put the 12 inch bars on did you have to change out the cables? Just curious. Thinking about changing but do not want to get into changing cables.
Thanks, Keith

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
RFG, when you put the 12 inch bars on did you have to change out the cables? Just curious. Thinking about changing but do not want to get into changing cables.
Thanks, Keith
Didn't have to change out a thing. Direct fit no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well after going to the dealer and sitting on some bikes I went with 12 inch Monkey bars in chrome. Be here Friday and hopefully get them put on this weekend.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Well after going to the dealer and sitting on some bikes I went with 12 inch Monkey bars in chrome. Be here Friday and hopefully get them put on this weekend.

You'll be very happy with them. I love mine.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Did you change your riser bushings when installing your Monkey Bars ?

No. They're new enough and the bars being only 12" I used the original bushings. Bars are solid enough.

It can't hurt doing it while it's apart. I just chose no too

If I went 14 or higher I wold have.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
When you get them mounted up, please post a pic!! I am looking at monkey bars..have a RGU same as you..trying to keep my hands out of the breeze as much as possible..commute with mine...

Going back to the stock seat is not an option for me...Mustang seat here also

Not sure if I want 10 or 12...12 look really tall..if anyone has them could you please post up some pics from the front and side!!! 10 and 12?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts