Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to have 10" Yaffe's put on. I want them mounted so they are in line with the forks. Will they be comfortable like this? If not, can I adjust them myself without tearing everything apart? I was really going to do them myself but the dealer is only charging 3 hours labor including internal wiring, and I just couldn't turn that down. Plus, if something gets messed up, it falls on them.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I don't have the Yaffe's, but rather the 10" Wild One Chubby's. I really like them. I sometimes wish I had gone 12", but overall very happy. Yes, you can easily move them back or forward without too much trouble. It's just 4 allen crews to loosen and not too hard to access them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes you can adjust them easily if you do a little snipping on the plastic over the two bottom bolts on the mount. The Speedo and Tach will cover it. Mine are aligned perfectly with the forks as you can see in the pic and they are perfect for me, I'm 5'10" by the way, couple of pics just to show you the end result.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
Would say that the comfort of the bars being in line with your forks is going to depend on many things: your height, normal riding seating position, seat, etc......you'll really need to season the bike and give it a feel

On my road king I set my 10" money bars in line with my forks for the look, and they worked out perfectly....but I also have my seat reworked pushed back and lowered, I'm 6'1". On my road glide I have my 10"s pushed a little forward, but because of the fairing I could pull it off without looking like they were plum

To each there own, and everyone has there own style....but with bars, I'd say go with what comfortable :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics and advice, helps me out a lot!
I'm 5'11, but I use both my stock seat and an Ultra seat so I'll have to find a happy medium. Looks like I should be good but it's nice to know I can adjust them easily.

·
Registered
37 Posts
All you'll need to do to adjust them is take off the plastic that holds Speedo and tac. after you do that, just loosen the two top bolts on the handlebar riser clamp. that will loosen the bars enough to adjust them back and forth. no need to clip or trim anything. once the bars are set where you feel the most comfortable, just tighten the bolts back up and put the speedo and tac back on and you're finished. I have the 10" Monkey Bars on my 2012 RG and now wish i'd have gone higher. the only reason i didn't is because I was nervous about adding brake and clutch cables. I'm probably going to go up to a 14" or 16" bar. I'm 5'10".

·
Registered
186 Posts
All you'll need to do to adjust them is take off the plastic that holds Speedo and tac. after you do that, just loosen the two top bolts on the handlebar riser clamp. that will loosen the bars enough to adjust them back and forth. no need to clip or trim anything. once the bars are set where you feel the most comfortable, just tighten the bolts back up and put the speedo and tac back on and you're finished. I have the 10" Monkey Bars on my 2012 RG and now wish i'd have gone higher. the only reason i didn't is because I was nervous about adding brake and clutch cables. I'm probably going to go up to a 14" or 16" bar. I'm 5'10".
True ,only reason I recommended clipping is it will in the long run save time as you do not not have to ever take the nacelle off again, just the Speedo and Tach, saved me time when I changed my bars, and eventually he will do what everyone does, change them to 12's then 14's then 16's and so on, LOL it's like getting a Tattoo, you can't stop, once you go Ape you can't go back:D

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
+1 on the trimming it sure makes things easier but dang you guys talking about lineing up the bars with the forks it does look better and I looked at mine and now I've got to try it and see how it feels I swear if I'm not changing something I'm buying something you guys are awesome and have great ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts