Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have basically a bone stock 2011 RGU. (Stage one..heavy breather and rhinehart slip-ons). I am wanting 100 HP and about 115 torq. I have been told with just a change of cams, tune, exhaust I can pretty much get one HP per cubic inch with out changing pistons and/or head work. I was just wondering those of you that are pushing 100+ HP what set up are you using? Just trying to get ideas.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Do you have a 103"? If so just a cam swap should get you real close. I have a 96" with a 107" kit and T-man 555tq cams and I dyno'd at 95 HP, and 118 TQ. I think the HP could be better and I'm going to do another dyno this summer to see.

·
Registered
664 Posts
S&S 124" 136hp pretty sure this combo will get you where you want. lol

Reactions: glide69

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Cams, Tuner/Tune, Exhaust, & Breather ~ will get you so close ~ maybe even break the 100hp mark ~ If memory serves me to finally get over the hump ~ I did the heads....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Agree with Mitch i think if you want to punch over the 100 mark you got to do the heads for a strong reliable build.

Cams, Tuner/Tune, Exhaust, & Breather ~ will get you so close ~ maybe even break the 100hp mark ~ If memory serves me to finally get over the hump ~ I did the heads....

·
Registered
510 Posts
I did a fuel moto 107 with level b heads, 777 cams and 10.5 pistons. I opted for the reworked throttle body for a little more out of it. It's a pretty cost effective way to do it. Fuel moto will buy your stock heads and jugs back. I made 113hp and 127 tq with a drago 2-1.

If you do the cams, breather, exhaust and tuner....you're almost there. I'd definitely recommend the head work. And while you're there a little bump in compression pistons will make it a new bike. Compression is the only way to get hp AND tq at the same time!

Reactions: SteadyEddie

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a FM107 kit with TW-555 cams in my batwing. See the attached dyno sheet. It has the power levels you are looking for.

You can get close to 100HP / 115 TQ with just a cam change, but make sure you don't over cam it just to hit 100HP on the big end. For my RGC I'm looking at the TW-222 in my 103. I expect around 95 HP / 110 TQ with my Rinehart Extreme duals and SE Heavy Breather.

Check Fuel Moto's website or the Wood website for some dyno sheets of different cam only builds. Dragos or Hillside could also give you some help but I am not as familiar with their work.

Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ok guys I have basically a bone stock 2011 RGU. (Stage one..heavy breather and rhinehart slip-ons). I am wanting 100 HP and about 115 torq. I have been told with just a change of cams, tune, exhaust I can pretty much get one HP per cubic inch with out changing pistons and/or head work. I was just wondering those of you that are pushing 100+ HP what set up are you using? Just trying to get ideas.
Local 103" owner used our Stage III Touring Heads/S&S .570/Fatcat, and once tuned it went 108 hp, 117 ft/lbs, while being set at only 10.0 cr.
Smooth, broad power.:)
Scott

P

·
0 Posts
the bar should be raised a bit,100/100 isnt a big deal anymore (even our mildest builds will will do HP per CID),make 110/115 your goal

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I will note that the tuner he had tune it, has a history of having a mighty tough time with tbw bikes.
I would imagine there is more in it, in the hands of a more skilled tuner, but the client is happy........and that is what really matters.:)
Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 Road Glide just came off Dyno, Didn't quite make the 100 HP club but I am fairly happy, It has 110 Stage 3 with V&H Header and Bassani DNT Mufflers with TTS Tuner, 93 HP and 119 TQ, Has high flo breather but not a Heavy Breather, Would like to see if I can get another 10 HP out of it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
For me I am 1HP short of the 100 club, I have the V&H Naked A/C, Fullsac DX Header, Rinehart 4' Cans and the Andrews 57Hs. I ended up with 99hp and 115 tq.

Reactions: eddienelson

·
Registered
63 Posts
Air cleaner, catless header and pipes along with a cam change should get you ballpark 95 hp depending on the cam and tune. 100 hp is hard to do without going further .

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Another very simple 96" or 103" recipie, that ramps torque VERY quickly is this;
Our Stage I Torquemaster Heads(Dan Thayer just showed 110 hp in a 98" with Andrews 57's with that little head)
Cyclerama .575, or Wood 5-6.
Good air filter
Good pipe
Good tune.
Go and enjoy the bike. :)
Scott

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 16 glide..stock 103 jugs, FM level B heads (which I'm honestly not as impressed with as I thought I would be), TW555 cams, complete Fullsac exhaust system - DX header and 2.0 recore mufflers, Harley stage 1 breather without a cover, 0.030 cometic head gasket, with a TTS tuned by Steve at Fullsac..and I'm running 101 HP and almost 110 ft lbs...I love the power, but wish it would come on earlier...

·
Registered
80 Posts
How do u like the Andrews 57h?!?! I've got a 2015 road glide with intake exhaust header breather and FP3. I think I like this 57h cam from what I've read. Am I right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts