Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got lucky today and seen a Facebook add and bought the front cartridge suspension.I’ll post when they get here.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I have been thinking of getting them as I have their rear shocks now. Let us know how you like them.

Reactions: Idahokid

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been thinking of getting them as I have their rear shocks now. Let us know how you like them.[/QUOTE
I have the day off today so I might get it done.Took 45 minutes to get the forks out of the bike.But I can hardly wait to see the difference in handling.I’ll report back.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Being a local company, we sell a lot of their stuff. Good reports all around for the most part. One of our consultants put the full kit on his ultra and dropped it an inch. Looks nice and still rides great.

Reactions: Idahokid

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they’re installed and it wasn’t to bad of a job.I now own a vise,electric impact gun and a 2” pvc for a seal driver.Taken it apart wasn’t to difficult.Just take your time and go slow.Of course I made a mess but that’s normal.Once the forks are out you take everything out and throw it away.I bought fork seal kits for both forks.$38.00 each.one of the cartridges spun as I was trying to torque down the 12mm bolt on the bottom of the fork.Blue loctite and the impact and that’s as good as it’s going to get.As you install the forks back in the clamps I got one back to the same spot because only a little of the cap was past the top of the clamp just by a little bit.As I installed the other I took the axle shaft and slid it threw to the other side until it was level and facing the correct way so the axle shaft would slide smoothly when you put the tire back on.The caps are the same height above the clamp.That was the toughest part for me.I could have used a third hand.But a fairly easy install and if I would have stayed on it from start to finish it may have been four hours or so.But they’re firmer for sure.And I only went around the neighborhood so tomorrow if it’s not raining I will give it a good test threw some twisties

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I’ve been putting some miles on the new front suspension and they are really nice.They really absorb the bumps really good.Ive always liked the progressive style springs and these work nice.Firm but plush.It doesn’t dive when putting on the front brakes but must of the dive is gone.At least half I would say.The bottom doesn’t drop out.Its gradual enough it doesn’t surprise you.There rear shocks are a nice improvement but the front cartridges are a bigger improvement.

Different topic
So I did notice a clunk or thud when I have the front brakes on and I’m rocking the bike back and forth.One thud when pushing down and one when the suspension is coming back up.I was bummed and didn’t want to take the forks apart again.And I’ve never had a reason to do this before when the bike was Stock so maybe this is normal.So what I did was put the front tire against the wall of the inside of my garage and pushed down on the bars and did this several times without using the brake lever and there was no noise.So I was relieved about that.And I’ve done it again to make sure.lol.So I loosened the axle nut and the noise is 90% gone.And that’s with me holding the front brake lever. I tighten the nut and it’s back.Of course I don’t hear it when I’m riding because I’m not compressing the springs like I do when I’m in my garage.Im really wondering what the axle nut has to do with this.Ive actually taken it apart and double checked everything and I used all the parts.lol.Nothing left over.Confused and I’m sure it’s something simple.Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Did you maintain the top out springs? . I have progressive, not happy with them, they do the clunk thing when they top out and I still have the nose dive...missed out on the thunder special..bummer

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you maintain the top out springs? . I have progressive, not happy with them, they do the clunk thing when they top out and I still have the nose dive...missed out on the thunder special..bummer
It comes with a new spring for each side.They’ve had two ,one hundred dollars off discounts this year so far.Rear shocks $499 and front suspension $599.
They have a great video on their website on the install.Very Straight forward.Comes with Oil too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Idahokid, what year is your bike? Just curious as mine is a '19 and while Suspension Technologies lists the cartridges as fitting '17 on up, I understand there were some changes HD made in the '19 forks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally had a passenger this last weekend and the shocks work really well.Gave them two turns and they really just ride nice.Operate very smooth. I’m really happy with Suspension technologies shocks and cartridges.$499 for the front and $599 for the front.No tax and no shipping.Thats a great value.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts