Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Which seat do you use for LONG days? Over 500 miles

• Le Pera Maverick

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Danny Gray Longhaul 2 Up XL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mustang Super Touring

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Saddlemen G tech-low profile

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Stock FLTRX

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Stock FLTRU

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • MCC stock modified

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 33 42.9%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I returned from a 3000 mile journey this past Saturday. It’s Monday and my butt still hurts. We tried to do 1000 miles in one day, but my butt just couldn’t do it. I need something that it a little easier on my lower hip bones. I do not have a tailbone issue.

I am trying to decide on the Le Pera Maverick, the Danny Gray Long Haul 2 Up XL, the Mustang Super Touring or the Saddlemen G-tech Low Profile.

I am currently using a stock FLTRX seat modified by MCC. I also have a stock FLTRU seat that has the same mod. I would call them and see what they could do, but it’s Memorial Day.

I’m 5’11” and weigh 200-205 usually and I like a low seat.

If you select "Other", please specify which one you're using.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,517 Posts
I have a Mustang and an Ultima for long distance, hands down the Mustang is my favorite. I also bought a vented gel pad and some Motoskeeveez...... my butt is really ok now, lol. Just a note, I didn't even consider the stock seat, after about 100 miles I'm wanting to stop and get gas so I can give my butt a break.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Seats are such a personal item that nobody can tell you which one will work for your butt. Personally, I love Corbin seats but my wife doesn't. I currently have the Harley 2 Piece HD Signature Series Rider Seat and Back Rest with the passenger touring pillion. I find it very comfortable. I rode from Los Angeles to Ashland Oregon in 1 day with no issues. I once had a Saddleman which I hated. I was in pain after 45 minutes of riding. I took it back to Saddleman twice and they never made it right. I kept it for about 5000 miles and sold it on eBay. Just my .02 cents. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Myself, Shrug, and I think a couple others are riding on stock seats modified with gel and memeory foam by Astech seats.
http://www.astechseat.com/

Personally, it's the only seat that has allowed me and the wife to run through an entire 6 gallon tank, and do it more than once a day. I've never done a 1000mi day, and quite frankly would never attempt it, but we routinely do more than 500mi days now without any residual next day issues.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am currently running a Road Zeppelin with an Air Hawk pad. Good, but not perfect.

I will add my kudos for AsTech. I had them do the seat on my Heritage. A year later I ran into them again and they asked how I liked my seat. I said it was noticeably better, but not perfect (I have high standards) They told me to bring them my bike and proceeded to redo my seat for free! That is customer service! :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
I would never do a long trip without a Beadrider. Wasn't sure about it at first but after my CO trip last summer best $60 I had spent on my 2011.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I have been using Corbin on both my bikes for 15 years. I just ordered a new one for the 15 Roadglide. Once you put a 1000 miles on this seat you will never own a better seat for long riding. I've done over 10 1000 mile day rides on my Corbins. One 1138 mile ironbutt ride in 17 hrs. What I like about the Corbin, it breaks in like a horse saddle. Once you break it in, it fits your butt and will be hard and perfect. My wife did not like the rear seat at all. One trip to Sturgis I had a guy from Florida remove the cover on the back and take away some material and add a memory foam for her right in the crotch area, ever since then it has been perfect for her.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.