Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed my 1000 mile fluid change in all three holes........... I was very surprised to see that I only needed 5 quarts of amsoil to do the whole thing, the biggest shocker was the engine itself, it only took 3 quarts, thats it even after running it for a few minutes to make sure oil was circulated through the filter. After letting sit on the stand for a bit, the oil level was right where it needed to be, just double checked it a minute ago and the same thing, the oil is right where it should be on the dip stick when cold. Anyone else find this out when servicing their new 2015 cvo? Could the 110 motor oil reservoir actually be smaller than my 2002? Thanks.....

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
I'd keep an eye on it. 3.5 quarts is fairly normal. Check it with the engine hot though.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I run 3 quarts in my 2013 (103). 3 quarts puts it in the sweet spot. I ran 3 1/2 once but that put it in the overfill zone and burped out the vents like crazy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd keep an eye on it. 3.5 quarts is fairly normal. Check it with the engine hot though.
I run 3 quarts in my 2013 (103). 3 quarts puts it in the sweet spot. I ran 3 1/2 once but that put it in the overfill zone and burped out the vents like crazy.
Thanks , I'll keep an eye on it......... Just surprised thats all. My 2002 is a solid 4 quarts in the motor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same here on 2015 Road Glide Special. I was surprised as well because my 2003 Road King took 4 quarts. I am glad it is not only me.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
3 Qts here as well. I thought the same thing the first time I did an oil change. My 02 FLHR took 3.5 easy.

Join the club. Lol

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
First oil change on my 15 RGS, so you all are telling me 3 quarts with an empty oil filter?
Crazy shit, as my 08 RG was 3 1/2 with an empty oil filter:confused:

Glad I saw this

1 - 13 of 13 Posts