Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok today i went a bit over the top. i am really tired of pulling up at the traffic light and having to listen to some other bikers music just because he has a louder system then mine. SO today i made a huge investment...and i do love all kinds of music..here is what i ordered and will be putting together this weekend:
Head Unit: Bagger Nations Rocker Fosgate Media Center with controls
Front Fairing: J&M Rokker xt 7.25 speakers, I plan to cut holes on the inside of my fairing to accomodate the slim line RockFosgate 6.5 speakers T165. I will amplify these speakers with J&M 500watt amp

Rear: i order these lids that will allow me to run 4 total speakers. cool looking. I am putting 4 Polk MM651 6.5 speakers in the lid

Sub: Im running the J&M Rokker 7' sub kit, my rear and sub will be amplified by a second J&M Rokker 500 amp

This system should ROCK the house and shut down everybody else radio at least on 2 wheels...ill post pics as i start this project.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I think your amp may be more than what the speakers will handle, be careful with the volume control.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sounds like a killer system! cant wait to see pics. As dbell said keep those gains down or you will be blowing speakers for sure.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
absolutely thanks for the heads up on the gains turned down. This is totally an aftermarket system, im struggling now trying to decide were to mount the front amp in the fairing. Although it comes with a bracket. i cant mount on the side because thats actually where i will be placing the Rockford Fosgate slim line 6.5 speakers. You guys think this J&M 500 is saft to mount on top of the radio spot?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
absolutely thanks for the heads up on the gains turned down. This is totally an aftermarket system, im struggling now trying to decide were to mount the front amp in the fairing. Although it comes with a bracket. i cant mount on the side because thats actually where i will be placing the Rockford Fosgate slim line 6.5 speakers. You guys think this J&M 500 is saft to mount on top of the radio spot?
I dont think, you can go anywhere else but on top the radio w/ur amp mount?
Will that amp power a 4-ohm speaker? Ur gonna have six of m.
If you can mount to the side of the radio bracket???,...might be an idea. Velcro m on!

Uh oh. Neano is being called out. Lol. This system needs to make it to SW.
Called out?
Mine has been together and Pumpn for 2 years!,...NO-PROBLEMS!
Hawg-Wired R-U-L-E-Sssssss!!!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I dont think, you can go anywhere else but on top the radio w/ur amp mount?
Will that amp power a 4-ohm speaker? Ur gonna have six of m.
If you can mount to the side of the radio bracket???,...might be an idea. Velcro m on!

Called out?
Mine has been together and Pumpn for 2 years!,...NO-PROBLEMS!
Hawg-Wired R-U-L-E-Sssssss!!!
Hehe Im just messin.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
It sounds like you are going a little overboard but it's your dime. The main question is will the bikes charging system handle the power drain, these bikes only have a 50amp charging system and it takes at least 25 to 30 amps to run the bike. It sounds like you will be replacing a lot of stators and voltage regulators. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah im running two J&M 500 amps one for the front speakers and the 4 in the lids are running off a second J&M 500 amp. the 2 7" sub will run off the rear J&M 500 amp also

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have really been thinking about installing a stinger 1 faret capacitor. My thinking was this may help ease any strain on the bikes charging system. Any thoughts or has anyone installed one on the RG. For help with the audio system?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I have really been thinking about installing a stinger 1 faret capacitor. My thinking was this may help ease any strain on the bikes charging system. Any thoughts or has anyone installed one on the RG. For help with the audio system?
Where do you have the amps, and where do you plan to put that cap, is it all in the fairing?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Install the Stinger, for the price and more so for the protection you can't beat it
No I do not have one installed YET, but I will when I get mine buttoned up. Looking forward to seeing/hearing how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I'm run n 2 Hawg-Wired Amps (look in my Pics-Profile) and have had NO problems!
I know that Hawg-Wired thereselves, have and do run 3-PSC3004's in the Owners Roadglide, w/no problems.
Its hard telln what they will do w/the new line of amps that they have brought out, as in how many they'll hook up now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i am puttting one amp in the front fairing on top of the radio., this amp will be for my front 4 speakers, gonna put the second amp in the saddle bag along with the capacitor, this amp will run my rear lids with the 4- 6.5 speakers and the 2-7" rokker subs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tonight i cut my fairing to install the Rockford Fosgate T165 shallow speakers...they fit perfectly with out haveing to cut the glove boxes..here are my photos.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 84 Posts