Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 rgs thinking about upgrades. Would I be better offdoing a side winder 110 kit or FUELING RACE OIl system with new cams. Which one should I do 1st? It’s just me riding in the mountains no passenger. Bike has the stage one stuff done to it other than that she’s stock. Just looking for a little more power and reliability. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
I don't have an answer for you but I can welcome you to the forum

Welcome from Mass!

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry no answer on the question.

·
Administrator
10,509 Posts
Cams and tuner , oil pump upgrade is fixing a problem you don't have .. Nothing wrong with the Feuling or S&S pumps , but there is nothing "wrong" with the pump you have either ..

·
Registered
132 Posts
The newer bikes have a good cam plate and pump. Don’t replace unless you see damage. Do the bearings that come with most cam install kits and while you have it open, change the tensioner shoes. You might not need to but if it’s open no harm for a few bucks.
This was the advice given to me.

Cam support plate and oil pump? Gear or chain?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=15021&share_tid=370003&url=https://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=370003&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
ps: Welcome to the Tank!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Neither.

What ever you do, do it all at once.

First, how many miles are on it and second what's the run out on the crank. S&S 111 crate motors are about $6500. If you 103 needs a crank, and you are paying the wrench, building a good 110 can be right there in the same range.

If your crank is good and the miles on it are reasonable, then drop $2600 on a tire shredder kit. It'll put a smile on your face.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Go with cams. Something more for torque than higher end horsepower.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I am with what Bomber said , torque cams will give you the most bang for the buck, and still reliable, I would choose an aftermarket way before a SE cam, I would go with a good proven cam, like for example, Woods 222. Feuling 543, or a Andrews cam, much better performance that you will feel in the seat of you pants.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Concur with Dawg, So a torque Cams like Andrews TW26 or TW37s are killer for torque. Comes on early and pulls like a freight train....plenty of good cams choices out there...Need a good dynoed to make it all shine...Research on HDF too...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2010 road glide was at 96 in.³ that I pushed out to 107 I did a fueling cam chest and oil pump it will be the first improvement I make on any Harley motor going forward cool quiet I can’t say enough Best single upgrade I have ever done Oil pressure at Stock idol 15 psi now 35 under power highway cruising 60 PSI

1 - 14 of 14 Posts