Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike in and did a dyno today. Bike is stock except for the stage 1 I had done to it late last year. Bike has TTS Mastertune, Heavy Breather, Kuryakyn Head Pipe, and Rush Big Louies with 2 inch baffles.

I decided to change out the breather because of lack of leg room with the Kury breather. Anyway bike ran ok for the most part, but definately wasnt right. So when I switched breathers it was time to straighten it out with the dyno. The stock map that was supplied was from the Kuryakyn Perfect Storm Package.

1st run with the stock map was 73.8 max power and 94.05 torque.
final run after adjustments was 78.05 max power and 97.44 torque.

going to dealer the bike made right at 40 mpg in 5th gear (stumbled a bit in 6th with stock tune). Coming home in 6th gear made 48.5 mpg. Both ways was at 68 mph with the cruise set. Bike runs so much better......

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your 2 nd run on the Dyno is right around what my bike did on Dyno with D&D Fat Cat, SE race tuner and PM Supergas AC. I hope I get the same mpg.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your 2 nd run on the Dyno is right around what my bike did on Dyno with D&D Fat Cat, SE race tuner and PM Supergas AC. I hope I get the same mpg.
Very rare that we get calm conditions in South Dakota. Plus we are very flat, so probly cant look for that mileage all the time. Also I resisted the urge to twist the throttle some.....I'm not gonna expect that mpg all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts