Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching different cams that would get me the performance I wanted out of my 2016 RGS, I went with the SE 255 cam set, new SE tappets, SE adjustable pushrods, and new cam bearings. I already had V&H Monster Rounds, VO Naked Intake, and the FP3 installed. The dealer I bought the bike from did the work on installing the cams. I got the bike back tonight and took it for a ride. All I got to say is WOW! What a huge difference from stock. The tech also started an auto tune from the one I was using and added the new cam spec and changed the throttle response to the FP3. I am very pleased with the torque from these cams. It pulls hard from a stop all the way up to 5K rpm. If you want to race or burn the tires, this is not the cam to get. I did not want that. I wanted a more torque while riding 2 up and keep the reliability and these cams fit the bill. I also need to give Swomack a shout out and thank him for the advice since he is running basically the same setup and he was the one that gave me the info I needed to make my decision. :grin::grin::grin:

Jim

·
Registered
92 Posts
SE255's

Bucky, good for you.... If you'll check my dyno "CSM-H", 103 with SE255's and a PCV..... 86Hp and 106Tq.... and yes it pulls to the rev limiter.... Enjoy.... yep maybe could of gotten "better" but then your trimming a moustache... looking for more, and you can only go so fast!!! CSM-H

After researching different cams that would get me the performance I wanted out of my 2016 RGS, I went with the SE 255 cam set, new SE tappets, SE adjustable pushrods, and new cam bearings. I already had V&H Monster Rounds, VO Naked Intake, and the FP3 installed. The dealer I bought the bike from did the work on installing the cams. I got the bike back tonight and took it for a ride. All I got to say is WOW! What a huge difference from stock. The tech also started an auto tune from the one I was using and added the new cam spec and changed the throttle response to the FP3. I am very pleased with the torque from these cams. It pulls hard from a stop all the way up to 5K rpm. If you want to race or burn the tires, this is not the cam to get. I did not want that. I wanted a more torque while riding 2 up and keep the reliability and these cams fit the bill. I also need to give Swomack a shout out and thank him for the advice since he is running basically the same setup and he was the one that gave me the info I needed to make my decision. :grin::grin::grin:

Jim

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

Jim
Swomack doesn't know what he is talking about. He is a Californian transplant to Texas............Of course I'm kidding, glad you are enjoying the new found torque. Many happy miles of riding.
Smarty!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bucky, good for you.... If you'll check my dyno "CSM-H", 103 with SE255's and a PCV..... 86Hp and 106Tq.... and yes it pulls to the rev limiter.... Enjoy.... yep maybe could of gotten "better" but then your trimming a moustache... looking for more, and you can only go so fast!!! CSM-H
I checked it out. I totally agree.

Swomack doesn't know what he is talking about. He is a Californian transplant to Texas............Of course I'm kidding, glad you are enjoying the new found torque. Many happy miles of riding.
Smarty!
LOL! It feels like a new bike.

·
Registered
721 Posts

Jim
I've got myself the SE Stage II Torque Kit that includes the SE8-447 cam for the M8. I must say that I love it. I am really happy with it. Just I few miles though as I did it this Xmas.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
IMO there's nothing better than the feeling of torque off the line on these sleds, best move performance wise I made, it's makes the motors feel way more powerful, stock they feel pretty feeble, enjoy the new found power.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Smarty!
Lol

Your killing me Smarty

Ready to ride soon ?

Oh yeah, better late then never

I seriously had to get the hell out of Cali and I’m digging Texas

I had to be in a red soil state

Glad to hear your happy with your setup Brother Bucky4835

Just like I said right, not a crazy cam but just right

Swomack

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Lol

Your killing me Smarty

Ready to ride soon ?

Oh yeah, better late then never

I seriously had to get the hell out of Cali and I’m digging Texas

I had to be in a red soil state

Glad to hear your happy with your setup Brother Bucky4835

Just like I said right, not a crazy cam but just right

Swomack
I'm ready as well Swomack. It's coming soon and we have to meet up for a beer or three!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Beer....where? :)

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
452 Posts
Gents, what do these Cams go for?

I am interested in buying them, Also what else do you need to buy? Any good links for ordering? Do you need a Tune once installed?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'm ready as well Swomack. It's coming soon and we have to meet up for a beer or three!
Hold your horses there Smartman! You still have to figure out how to reassemble your sled. I’m not convinced you can remember how. You may be meeting up....in a pickup truck.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Hold your horses there Smartman! You still have to figure out how to reassemble your sled. I’m not convinced you can remember how. You may be meeting up....in a pickup truck.
That is a very good possibility MW! You may have to fly down from Everett and show me how. Oh wait, you don't have a Rushmore model and despise them! lol

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That is a very good possibility MW! You may have to fly down from Everett and show me how. Oh wait, you don't have a Rushmore model and despise them! lol
Now now...Despise is a strong word. I see them like women. Some are sexy as hell...like an original roadglide and some are kinda fugly, like a Rushmore. Both are worth riding but I don’t want to be seen on the fugly one. I’d take some tools to her for you though. ?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

Jim
Glad to hear you’re enjoying those cams. My apologies for the thread derailment.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Gents, what do these Cams go for?

I am interested in buying them, Also what else do you need to buy? Any good links for ordering? Do you need a Tune once installed?
Look around at some of CVO sites. The 255's were stock in the 110's and should be several sets floating around for sale

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts