Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you wondering how this combo looks on a HD dyno and tuner, I made 103/113. This includes 2-1-2, jackpots and breather.

Pulls hard and fast. I had the 777 in for about 5,000 miles. Just added 107 and heads. It is so much smoother and pulls from much lower rpms.

·
Registered
528 Posts
With my 103, TW 777, FM stage 1 (see sig) I only got 98 torq/87 hp. Not the 112/100 I was expecting. Power Vision with FM map/AT. Still trying to find out what happened to them other 10 ponies.:confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the posts. I started at 68/82. FM dynos factory bikes much higher to start with.

This is a 51% increase in hp and 38% in tq. You will find this consistent with similar builds.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks for all the posts. I started at 68/82. FM dynos factory bikes much higher to start with.

This is a 51% increase in hp and 38% in tq. You will find this consistent with similar builds.
Yup, I was just looking on the FM cam dyno charts where they compared a completely stock 2012 103. Their numbers were 73/92 or 5 extra on the power and 10 extra on the torque compared to your 68/82. Not sure if this is correct "extrapolation", but adding those ponies to my 87/98 would give me 92/108. You would be at 108/123? Actually, I probably don't know what I'm talking about LOL.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Their dyno does seem happy. A few respected dealers in my area always have tuned 120r road glide or street glides on thier floor with the dyno graph dangling from the bars, they arent a ton higher than what FM advtertises with their 107 kit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that is very close.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Their dyno does seem happy. A few respected dealers in my area always have tuned 120r road glide or street glides on thier floor with the dyno graph dangling from the bars, they arent a ton higher than what FM advtertises with their 107 kit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Long before these messages boards were in existence, we were modifying 107"s that came in the Titans, Big Dogs, AIH' bikes, etc, using either a Bob Wood 9B, or 9F, our Stage II S&S Head Mods, bore carb, thunderjet.
Mid 120's both hp, and torque was the norm.
FWIW.
Scott

·
Registered
593 Posts
With my 103, TW 777, FM stage 1 (see sig) I only got 98 torq/87 hp. Not the 112/100 I was expecting. Power Vision with FM map/AT. Still trying to find out what happened to them other 10 ponies.:confused:
Have you done anything to raise compression? I've read the 777s really need to be at 10.5:1 or so to do their thing.

·
Registered
528 Posts
No I haven't raised the compression. I really didn't want to because of increased chance of pinging. I was hopiing to just have a stronger bike around the "advertised" 100/112 hp/torque.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
No I haven't raised the compression. I really didn't want to because of increased chance of pinging. I was hopiing to just have a stronger bike around the "advertised" 100/112 hp/torque.

That answers that. 777's need at least 10.5 to get the most out of those cams.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I agree, just saying I would be very happy at the 112/100 or a couple ponies shy vs 98/87. Guess I need to find a happy dyno lol

·
Registered
593 Posts

That's the key. Rather than comparing different dynos, you need to do the before and after on the same dyno to get the best idea of what you gained.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
As already mentioned, if in fact the compression has not been matched to support the intake valve closing number of a given cam, then a build will not have the potential to manufacture a projected/estimated number.:)
Scott

·
Registered
528 Posts
As already mentioned, if in fact the compression has not been matched to support the intake valve closing number of a given cam, then a build will not have the potential to manufacture a projected/estimated number.:)
Scott
What compression would you recommend? How much should it help HP? Would I be in for pinging? Would an octane booster solve the pinging issue? Which I would imagine it would. Best way to increase compression .030 gasket or pistons? Wish I lived close to your shop. Should I try compression increase before Porting the heads?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts