Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Know my stock barrles can be bored to the 117" , also that 124" barrles are avaible that do not need cases bored/split . Will the 107's bored to 117" have thinner wall than the 124" barrels ? As have heard tell the 124" 1's will hold up longer . thanx for any info from those in the know or that have done this .

·
Registered
540 Posts
A quick call or email to Fuel Moto would be in order- they can answer any and all related questions about the variations between the two kits.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Know my stock barrles can be bored to the 117" , also that 124" barrles are avaible that do not need cases bored/split . Will the 117's bored to 117" have thinner wall than the 124" barrels ? As have heard tell the 124" 1's will hold up longer . thanx for any info from those in the know or that have done this .
Send a set of stock cylinders to Tman Performance and have him do the 124 sleeves. He removes the sleeve from the 107, bores the casting to except the new much thicker sleeve and allows it to hang into the cases further so the pistons never come out of the sleeve at the bottom. I love that someone is finally doing something about the 124" builds Twin cam or M8. Piston rock has always been problematic in this type of build because of the shortness of the overall piston and the pin location on the piston. I believe this setup will prove to be very reliable and his custom made pistons have 3mm oil rings. A must in my opinion.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for pointing me in the correct direction smarty

·
Registered
575 Posts
Send a set of stock cylinders to Tman Performance and have him do the 124 sleeves. He removes the sleeve from the 107, bores the casting to except the new much thicker sleeve and allows it to hang into the cases further so the pistons never come out of the sleeve at the bottom. I love that someone is finally doing something about the 124" builds Twin cam or M8. Piston rock has always been problematic in this type of build because of the shortness of the overall piston and the pin location on the piston. I believe this setup will prove to be very reliable and his custom made pistons have 3mm oil rings. A must in my opinion.

Is this something new that may not be on his site yet? I just looked at his site after reading your post and it only showed a cylinder/piston kit that would change the 107 to 120. Below is what is written on his site.

"This kit comes in two versions – 120-cubic inch and 124 cubic inch kit. The final motor size is determined by the existing stroke on your factory bike.
This 124ci kit is used for all 2017/2018. CVOs come from the factory with the Screaming Eagle™ cylinders installed. Your stock cylinders can be supplied for boring to the 4.180 bore which will increase the cubic inch to 124″.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks Swoop, just watched the video. Looks good, I'll be calling them to check on availability and pricing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Know my stock barrles can be bored to the 117" , also that 124" barrles are avaible that do not need cases bored/split . Will the 117's bored to 117" have thinner wall than the 124" barrels ? As have heard tell the 124" 1's will hold up longer . thanx for any info from those in the know or that have done this .
I see you live in Rochester why not get a hold of Hillside Cycle in Munnsville,They are great an close to you or get a hold of Ray at Hulten Speed Sports in Oppenhiem he is close to me has awesome setups,And a very good Dyno that's where I go only 25 min from the house,He did my new RGS runs good.Either one is Very good an not far from you They both have web sites,Check out Hulten Speed Sports though,He dose a lot of Harleys in upstate NY an has some great setups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts