Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it to Skips to get dyno tuned.

The components are 107" Drago's big bore kit, T-man T-555TQ cams, Dragula 2-1 exhaust w/ 2.55" baffle, Gatorman lifters, SE adjustable pushrods, and previously installed K & N filter and PC-V tuner. No head work was done.

The horsepower was less than what I expected at 95. The torque was actually more than I expected at 118. The lack of having any head work done hurt me in the HP category. I'm overall still thrilled with the difference from the 96" and stock cams.

Bad news: My Primary Bearing now needs to be replaced. Just when I thought I was done with the tools for a while.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Pretty good number IMHO, although I am a little surprised you didn't get to the triple digits on HP even if it was 100 even. 118TQ is certainly respectable. I would be happy with those numbers. I am not much of a numbers guy, but my seat of the pants dyno says, I gotta enough HP/TQ to get me where I am goin in a hurry...

Hopefully your replacing the Primary Bearing as a precaution vs necessity. I missed the opportunity by a few miles and had to rebuild mine. That was a huge surprise...

Rowdy

·
Registered
830 Posts
HP does sound a little low, but that bike still ought to be a hoot to ride.

I will be satisfied if I end up with your numbers minus 5% (I am not getting the 107 kit) when my Tman 555 tq cams get installed this winter.....

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HP does sound a little low, but that bike still ought to be a hoot to ride.

I will be satisfied if I end up with your numbers minus 5% (I am not getting the 107 kit) when my Tman 555 tq cams get installed this winter.....
As Rowdy said I was expecting right around 100 maybe one or two more in HP, but it is still a huge difference over what I had and I'm pleased. It is a lot more fun to ride now.

You are going to love the t-man cams. My torque number definitely proved them a winner.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hull,

What compression are you running?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Good #'s the HP is not what gets you down the road it is the torque and at 118 lbs you should be loving it. I been thinking about the T-man 555 cams for my bike so let me know how you like them.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That 118 sounds great as said above Torque is our Freind :eek: i have the T-Man 590 but i also have the heads done and i have the biggest grin when i twist the right hand . They put out some good cams for sure ,

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
The tq. is right there like we talked. The HP"s should be 98/103hp
Std 103 with tman and 555tq and Dragula avg is 95/98hp 107/110 tq.
But that tq you made is real nice.... Some of our ported heads. 10.25.1 comp will put you there real quick and tq will shot up. But your over all is real good.
Enjoy.....

Made it to Skips to get dyno tuned.

The components are 107" Drago's big bore kit, T-man T-555TQ cams, Dragula 2-1 exhaust w/ 2.55" baffle, Gatorman lifters, SE adjustable pushrods, and previously installed K & N filter and PC-V tuner. No head work was done.

The horsepower was less than what I expected at 95. The torque was actually more than I expected at 118. The lack of having any head work done hurt me in the HP category. I'm overall still thrilled with the difference from the 96" and stock cams.

Bad news: My Primary Bearing now needs to be replaced. Just when I thought I was done with the tools for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts