Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put the 58mm on her today an #s was105hp 110tq still dont sound right it has big heads , v&h power dualls ,575 mackey cams ,an rev. perf fuel mang 10.2to1

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
Numbers could be better, but not abnormal. I'm willing to bet if you had a different tuner and exhaust they may go up a little. The important thing is how the bike rides and feels for you, numbers don't mean anything if the bike isn't right for you.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
put the 58mm on her today an #s was105hp 110tq still dont sound right it has big heads , v&h power dualls ,575 mackey cams ,an rev. perf fuel mang 10.2to1

The power duals are good headers, what is the rest of your exhaust? What size baffles in the slip ons? Sounds like a good build, like DBell said not "abnormal" either.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has monster ovalls , an the heads were done by rev, perf. gt the big vales an they have been flowed an decked , the 58mm alone gave it 14 more hp an 8 tg

P

·
0 Posts
i bet the heads are holding it back,our 1.900 STREET PORT heads make more than that (around 106-108 average)& our STAGE II or III make tons more(120+).do you have a flow chart? (rev perf heads have been questioned in the past for not being up to snuff)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am not ready to blame the heads..
I truly don't know about those heads and would not go there as I have not tested them personally. All I do know is with the same 107" in a late model with a 236° cam .555 lift our Street Pro heads we are seeing 102-106hp and 118-123TQ at 10:1 compression. These heads flow 275 with a 220 average from .1-.7 on our Saenz 48" bench with our inlet fixtures.

I would not expect the EMS to negotiate a TB change without a hicup. Contact Rev Perf and see about having it adjusted for the TB change. I suspect regardless of the heads a tuning device such as Direct Link, TTS or the PC power vision in the right hands would be able to further optimize what your current combination is.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have not had heads fowed dont no what they do, but rev perf told me that fuel would adjust it self up to 117 in motor, the fuel line look good the line was staight as a arrow 14was fuel an air ratio

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tq #s started falling off @ 4500 rpm hp carried thr to 6500 before it started to go dn ,i wonder if a bigger cam would help it has mackeys 575 in now , what about 598 mackey cam

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
What thb did you instal and did you put in large nozzle to help shorten fuel duration just a thought.Had a 95"that was close to those # used the se tuner on that build.the guy who rebuilt my heads knows some sh-t he builds evos that or some bad mfrs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no i did not gt a flow chart,an the tb was a 58mm come from harley an we used the stock injectors back in it .did i do wrong by doing that

P

·
0 Posts
you should find what the heads are flowing.if the heads are flowing under 140 CFM @ 10",your not going to get good #`s no matter what you do.heads should be doing 150+CFM

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
you should find what the heads are flowing.if the heads are flowing under 140 CFM @ 10",your not going to get good #`s no matter what you do.heads should be doing 150+CFM
+1 on flow but i would look into injectors a lot of wrench turners I talked to say you want to shorten the duration when you have a motor that breaths and I dont think you will get the full potential out of the thb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts