Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
If it's not leaking on the ground I would assume either the rings were improperly installed on the pistons or one of the o-ring seals in the rocker area is missing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
valveguide seal?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think he built it an took it staight in to dyno room . i cant see any smoke but i can smell oil

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Still not enough information... Could be improper cylinder finish, could be improperly installed rings, could be valve guide, incorrectly assembled breathers or missing umbrella's... OP says it's using oil, but how much... (Harley says a new 103 can use as much as quart during initial 500 miles... I think that's excessive, but they don't)... Is there oil pooling in the intake manifold?

P

·
0 Posts
Still not enough information... Could be improper cylinder finish, could be improperly installed rings, could be valve guide, incorrectly assembled breathers or missing umbrella's... OP says it's using oil, but how much... (Harley says a new 103 can use as much as quart during initial 500 miles... I think that's excessive, but they don't)... Is there oil pooling in the intake manifold?
1 qt in 500 miles is WAY too much here (but WTF,the MOCO also thinks .012 run-out is within spec too)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it used 1/2 quart in 300 miles,an the clyders on it are axtell with their piston an rings 10 to 1 comp, with rev perf. heads

P

·
0 Posts
put about 1000 miles on it,if its still using oil,either live with it or tear it down.you should have just bored your cylinders,we have 100`s of 107 kits running out there,no oil consumption or any other problems

·
Registered
616 Posts
My 107 rev perf uses oil too but runs strong and no issues after over 12000 miles. I'm religious about the maintenance and keep a close watch on it. Doesn't blow smoke when dropping a gear and ripping... I'm living with it until there's an issue.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
it used 1/2 quart in 300 miles,an the clyders on it are axtell with their piston an rings 10 to 1 comp, with rev perf. heads
I'd pull it down, measure for round/straight in 6 places, 90* from each other, and also check to see if the bore is perpendicilar to the cylinder base, torque-hone if it will accept that, or bore if needed, and get a Hastings or Speed-Pro ring set in there.
That should take care of it.
Scott

P

·
0 Posts
hafta agree with scott,if it were mine or a customers,ide tear it down & check it (also to the poster with the rev perf 107,ide tear yours down too,if the NIKASIL`s coming off your cylinders,your going to do alot of damage before its all over)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts