Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just can't decide mostly because of the looks. I'm sure I'll end up getting one especially for longer trips. Plan on riding to Brunswick, GA this summer then on down to FL. Is the Madstad really worth the looks disadvantage???:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I feel your pain.. I hear all the great reviews on the Madstad , but I agree.. its totally fugly. We work hard and spend $$$ to make custom changes to our scoots so WE think they look cool.. Its painfully hard to make it look fugly on purpose. lol Want one then.. dont want one... I go back and forth!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have to say you are not alone with you comment on the looks. I held off for a year before pulling the trigger on the Madstad and sorry I waited. The shield will grow on you Mark and the function well out weighs the looks. You won't be sorry

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I felt like almost everyone else and said it was "ugly". But after putting it on I like the look and the functionality is without question. IMHO it looks better than others with multiple curves trying to accomplish the same results.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to say you are not alone with you comment on the looks. I held off for a year before pulling the trigger on the Madstad and sorry I waited. The shield will grow on you Mark and the function well out weighs the looks. You won't be sorry
I have also put this off since last may & I guess I have a few things to work out b4 I order one. I've read you order by you height. I'm 5'11'' just couldn't quite make to 6'........ What size did u get? I read on here today that if you get one a little taller and don't have to extend it all the way up it covers more of the bottom & looks a lot better. I hope that made sense?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have also put this off since last may & I guess I have a few things to work out b4 I order one. I've read you order by you height. I'm 5'11'' just couldn't quite make to 6'........ What size did u get? I read on here today that if you get one a little taller and don't have to extend it all the way up it covers more of the bottom & looks a lot better. I hope that made sense?
I am 5' 8" and have a stock RGU seat lowered and tapered a inch. I ordered a road glide 13 inch dark tint. The Road Glide tint was to dark for my liking and went to a 11" med dark and can't be happier! Low enough to drop it to chin height and raise it full for 2 up max protection. Madstad is excellent to work with before and after you buy your shield.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am 5' 8" and have a stock RGU seat lowered and tapered a inch. I ordered a road glide 13 inch dark tint. The Road Glide tint was to dark for my liking and went to a 11" med dark and can't be happier! Low enough to drop it to chin height and raise it full for 2 up max protection. Madstad is excellent to work with before and after you buy your shield.
Thanks for the info! I'm leaning toward the 13" I ride 2 up 90% of the time. But now you have thinking... I was also looking at the dark, is it too dark to see thru if it was all the way up?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I don't understand all this talk about the Madstad being fugly. I just happen to have one on my RGU but have seen them on Customs, too. I think they look better than some of the other shields out there and definitely provide a better riding experience. With all the sizes and tints available you can make your Shark look bitchin'!:eek: And remember, the difference between a dog and a fox.................................................................................... is a 12 pack!;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't understand all this talk about the Madstad being fugly. I just happen to have one on my RGU but have seen them on Customs, too. I think they look better than some of the other shields out there and definitely provide a better riding experience. With all the sizes and tints available you can make your Shark look bitchin'!:eek: And remember, the difference between a dog and a fox.................................................................................... is a 12 pack!;)
LOL..... Throttles&Trigger

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Thanks for the info! I'm leaning toward the 13" I ride 2 up 90% of the time. But now you have thinking... I was also looking at the dark, is it too dark to see thru if it was all the way up?
The dark gray is like looking through sun glasses. It's about the same tint as the smoked Sancho's wings but better clairity.

·
Registered
972 Posts
So I had one on my bike and recently removed it and put my Klockwerks back on. I do not like the looks, that being said it does look better in person than in photos. It works, it works great but I don't like it. I may sell, I may keep it for longer rides or colder weather but the KW shield is my personal favorite.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I put the 11" dark grey on mine last year. I was not crazy about the looks in most photos seen but when I put it on my RGC it did not look half bad. Even the wife thought it looked 'cool' and 'high-tech'.

Now I love the look. In fact, every time I see an RG without one I think it looks ugly! I'm not kidding.

Oh, and by the way, it works SO well! No more buffet unless I really crank up the speed into 'Your under arrest' land. I run my 11" all the way down. I do think the shorter the better in the looks department though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts