Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting here gathering info on the new bikes compared to the old and from what I'm understand the only thing that has changed frame wise is the neck and fork size. With that being said if I was to get my hands on a wrecked 15 with no front end damage I should be able to swap the neck and the inner fairing mount that extends from the neck that the inner fairing bolts to. In theory I could put the new style front end on my bike. Has anyone else pondered this creation or am I the only one with dreams of grandeur around this camp. Let me know if you have tried it or why you think it won't work all input will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Subscribing

·
Registered
2 Posts
gauges

i am almost done with my conversion of a 2000 to a 2015 but i'm having a hell of a time trying to convert the volt and fuel gauges over. the new gauges have a different plug and i tried to bench test them to see what wires go where but i can't seem to even make them come on with 12V and ground. anyone have the pinout info for the 2015 gauges so i know what to solder where?
thanks.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just put an 09 front end on an 81 awhile back - So I'm watching this show too!

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
i am almost done with my conversion of a 2000 to a 2015 but i'm having a hell of a time trying to convert the volt and fuel gauges over. the new gauges have a different plug and i tried to bench test them to see what wires go where but i can't seem to even make them come on with 12V and ground. anyone have the pinout info for the 2015 gauges so i know what to solder where?
thanks.
Arn't the lamps on the Rushmore bikes led ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
headlights are. but the headlight unit is sealed and i believe there is a ballast in there converting the standard power to whatever the led's need. and i cannot get into the gauges because they are sealed. but that's possibly helpful! i can bench test them with a lower voltage and see if i can get the led's to light up. i'm afraid these lights are controlled by the can bus which this 2000 bike doesn't have.

i'll gladly post some pictures of this thing for everyone to see if interested. it wasn't really that hard and cost maybe $2.5k-3k in parts. as soon as the radio and gauges are in the fairing goes on and it's done.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
headlights are. but the headlight unit is sealed and i believe there is a ballast in there converting the standard power to whatever the led's need. and i cannot get into the gauges because they are sealed. but that's possibly helpful! i can bench test them with a lower voltage and see if i can get the led's to light up. i'm afraid these lights are controlled by the can bus which this 2000 bike doesn't have.

i'll gladly post some pictures of this thing for everyone to see if interested. it wasn't really that hard and cost maybe $2.5k-3k in parts. as soon as the radio and gauges are in the fairing goes on and it's done.
Bingo, that's what I was thinking since the Rushmore bikes can run CD lights with out a converter box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts