Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden the 114 cubic inch Road Glide Special and noticed a substantial power boost compared to the 107 cubic inch model?
I'd like to know if there is any real difference in power or acceleration.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone ridden the 114 cubic inch Road Glide Special and noticed a substantial power boost compared to the 107 cubic inch model?
I'd like to know if there is any real difference in power or acceleration.
Both m8 motors run smooth with good amount of torque, the 114 feels more powerful because of the extra cubic inches and more torque and hp. That's why Alot of riders go with the big bore kits for added torque and hp.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
The 114" stock has 1/8" longer stroke and does have a little more power stock off the show room floor but nothing earth shattering. If you are going to do no more than stage 1 or 2 I would go ahead and buy the 114". If you are going to eventually build to a 124"/128" or bigger and you can get a 107" a couple of grand cheaper I would go with the 107". The money you save on the bike can go a long way towards the build and you will end up in basically the same place power wise. The small difference in stroke between the two is neglidgable at that point. Plenty of dyno sheets posted out there that show it.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,541 Posts
I have owned both the 107 and 114. Both with stage 1. I noticed a difference between the two. The 107 always had me wanting more, and the 114 has provided that. Now I just need to get that cam upgrade to be completely satisfied (until I feel I need a big bore kit 🤦‍♂️).
That is my experience with the two. The 107 is great and if there wasn't the option of a 114 then I would have been very happy with it lol

·
Shark of the Month October 13
9,280 Posts

IS YOURS RUNNING 120/120?

There are No Limits when it comes to Faribault Harley-Davidson®'s Performance Dept! We build everything from high output 95 cubic inch motors to the radical high output 131 cubic inch motors with nitrous. Earn a limited-edition t-shirt exclusively for those who put out 120+ horsepower and 120+ ft lbs of torque.

DYNO JET® PAGE
We're putting up some pretty impressive numbers with Harley-Davidson® Screaming Eagle products! Check this out:
Stock Milwaukee-Eight 10777 HP101 ft lbs torque
Milwaukee-Eight 107 Stage 185 HP104 ft lbs torque
Milwaukee-Eight 107 Stage 2 with Torque Cam99 HP109 ft lbs torque
Milwaukee-Eight 107 Stage 2 with Power Cam103 HP108 ft lbs torque
Milwaukee-Eight Stage 3 (114 cu. in.)115 HP121 ft lbs torque
Milwaukee-Eight Stage 4 (131 cu. in.)121 HP138 ft lbs torque

Here's some useful dyno info on the 107 stock vs. all 4 stages of upgrades for that motor.

Reactions: Zedbra and Oclaf

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Think of a new bike or motor project?

Seeing all these guys do motor work and got the bug for power? Or thinking of a built.motor on your trike you found d?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
121 Posts
I have had both a 107 in a 2020 RG and a 114 in a 2020 RGS. By the numbers the 114 has slightly more power, but they feel different in the way they spin up. If you have the chance to ride them back to back I would suggest doing so and seeing which you like better. As was said above if you're going to crack into them anyways with stage kits the overall power difference is going to get pretty small.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I have had both and I like the 114 better. When I dropped off my RGS with the 107, and within 2 hours I was pulling out with the 117. I noticed a difference right off and to me, it was noticeable. Over the last year, I upgraded my exhaust, added a pro street, auto tuner and a TQ cam - all H-D stuff. The TQ cam starts to kick in right at 2,500 RPM and right at 2,500 RPM is right where I ride most of the time. Now when giving it throttle, I am at where the TQ cam starts to kick in. I am happy with it and I still have my warranty.

Reactions: Vinnie and DanHappy

·
Registered
2021 Road Glide Special 1995 Electraglide
45 Posts
I have had both and the 114 is better. I can feel a difference in low end get up and go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts