Road Glide banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
You're exactly correct up until the sound. These MK45s are louder than any muffler I have ever heard on a stock bike. And the deep tone is unmatched by any other slip on I've had or heard. With the stock header. I'm sure when I put an open header on it I'll need the dB reducers in.
Hope all is well Brother man.
My Brotha....up for air, good to see it man.

I ran 2 sets if S&S (well, set and then a 2:1) on my 114 M8 Heritage but that was S2'ed.....From what I have heard, anything under mid 3s on the Rs sound the same to me....rode with a cat who had Bassani DNTs on a stock M8 and heard the same until into the beans and gears

Good to see you on amigo - We'll roll soon - I need to make my way East and go check on Nordic

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
got my torquer 450s on today. They sound great and I havnt noticed a loss in power. They’re not super loud but they have a nice deep tone. I love them.
Nice! Glad You like 'em and they perform well. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
13 Posts
Ditto! Fuel moto jackpot mufflers are a good choice as well. After talking with Jamie at FM, the Grand National pipes have the same baffles as the Jackpots.
Couple of questions on the High Rollers, if U don't mind:
The website says: "include easily tunable/removal inserts to tailor sound & performance". How do You tune the inserts? Cut 'em or?
Do U run Yours with the baffle in or?
It also says: " features our latest V3 "dyno tuned" baffle which includes easily removable stainless steel inserts"... Inserts go in the baffle? Do they give U different sizes or?
I ran the High Rollers completely stock with the baffles which came with them for the first 500 miles (and stock head pipe). These were the shorter baffles without the bent tabs. I then removed the baffles.
I did not notice any difference other than a better sound. I then did a stage 1 and ran the High Rollers without baffles
for the next 500 miles. I decided to change direction altogether and run a 2/1 so pulled the High Rollers.
I was told you will not loose any performance with removing the baffles with it being stock but you will want to run the baffles once going to a stage 2 as you need the added back pressure. I am not sure on tuning or possibly running FM's other baffles. That would be a question for them. My High Rollers will be up for sale if interested. They are Black with 1000 miles and fit the M8. Came off a 2020 RGS. Contact me if interested.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts