Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running this combination? I know i will need to bore the stock case to accept the bigger bore but is there more than this? I understand the need to do head/cams and such. Anyone running one on the street regularly? I see everyone builds 106/107 but i dont think 3 or 4 cubic inches is worth the money.

Thanks in advance
Chip

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If your going to stay with stock crank you can bring her up to a 114"
We have several of these and have made 125/128hp128/130 tq
Just my 2 cents
But me Personal for the extra money go with larger crank and 124 if you are in there.

Is anyone running this combination? I know i will

need to bore the stock case to accept the bigger bore but is there more than this? I understand the need to do head/cams and such. Anyone running one on the street regularly? I see everyone builds 106/107 but i dont think 3 or 4 cubic inches is worth the money.

Thanks in advance
Chip

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Heatwave is running an S&S crank & premium Lifters in his 117. You can pm him ~ so far he is pleased.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Built one on my 08 Fatboy I had. Made 138hp/132tq. Got 42-43 mpg cruising 75-80 on the highway. The tune is CRITICAL. It can be a very strong and reliable motor, just depends on how radical you want to go. I would definitely address the bottom end if you decide to go this route.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Is anyone running this combination? I know i will need to bore the stock case to accept the bigger bore but is there more than this? I understand the need to do head/cams and such. Anyone running one on the street regularly? I see everyone builds 106/107 but i dont think 3 or 4 cubic inches is worth the money.

Thanks in advance
Chip
We build these all the time.
A 117" is a formidable power-plant set up correctly.
We have tracked clients with north of 45,000 miles on our 117" combos.:)
Scott

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
We are running the S&S 4-3/8 crank and the RP 4.125 cylinders, 'happy so far (6k). A potent sport touring platform that averages almost 40 mpg on the interstate at 80++

1 - 6 of 6 Posts