Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO FLTRUSE
For anyone that may be considering the bolt-on 117 kit--very pleased with my results!>:)
  • 117" Race kit 92500053 with 259E cams
  • Heads milled .010" (installer found a flaw in gasket surface of head)
  • .030" Cometic head gasket 68-10086-30
  • D&D Boss Boarzilla 2 into 1 exhaust
  • SE Race tuner
124.58HP/125.15TQ
Installed & tuned by Yellowstone Harley, Belgrade MT

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Quite an increase in output.

How does it affect everyday riding? MPG? RPMs at 70 mph?

Is the rest of the drivetrain up to the task?
*Everyday riding: Much better! Some loss on the very low end with these cams, but the increased displacement helps make up for that. These cams come on very strong by about 2,500 rpm, with plenty of pull through the entire range (even with 2 people and extra gear), where the original 255 cams ran out of steam after about 4,000 rpm.
*MPG: I haven't checked on paper to verify, but based on the rides I've done, I'd say it dropped 1-2mpg at the very most--still have plenty of range between fill ups.
*RPM's are still the same--no change in gearing or tire size.
*Rest of the drivetrain: Everything should be up to task with a build this mild. The clutch is working well, but likely the 1st weak point. Info from Harley varies--depending on where you read, they say the original CVO A&S clutch is good for 115-135ftlbs, but I will likely be putting an AIM kit in it soon to be on the safe side.
As SMARTY pointed out, the crank can be an issue if abused, but that shouldn't be a problem with my riding style.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgive me for failing to do my due diligence and research, but what were the original numbers on your scoot?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I didn't do a baseline dyno on the bike when new, but based on what I've read, a stock CVO would be 80-83hp.
After the 1,000 mile break-in, the only change we did was replace the factory pipe with a Python Rayzer(short 2into1) and ended up with 90.24hp/113.31tq after tuning, so I gained an honest 35hp with the 117 kit.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts