Ok, let's see if I can get these pictures uploaded correctly

Before

AFTER

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it took so long

It took me a bit longer than anticipated to to do the install. Two days 20 plus hours. Ran into some snags ie: stock clutch cable was cross threaded and I had to re-tap cover. Molex connectors were a PITA!!!!!!! I was able to use the stock brake line with No problems what so ever. Also no electrical extensions were needed either. I installed SoCal HIDs (see picture below), as well as JM Rokkers and 250W 2ch amp. Both of those installs were a piece of cake. With the foam acoustic pad installed in the fairing, I mounted the ballasts for the HID light on top of the Headlight housing with Velcro, it fits just fine. The speakers are a huge improvement over stock and the HIDs are FREAKIN awsome!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
It took me a bit longer than anticipated to to do the install. Two days 20 plus hours. Ran into some snags ie: stock clutch cable was cross threaded and I had to re-tap cover. Molex connectors were a PITA!!!!!!! I was able to use the stock brake line with No problems what so ever. Also no electrical extensions were needed either. I installed SoCal HIDs (see picture below), as well as JM Rokkers and 250W 2ch amp. Both of those installs were a piece of cake. With the foam acoustic pad installed in the fairing, I mounted the ballasts for the HID light on top of the Headlight housing with Velcro, it fits just fine. The speakers are a huge improvement over stock and the HIDs are FREAKIN awsome!!
I love the look. How does Hids compare to the daymakers? Also, which Malo bar is that version 1 or 2. I went to thier website and saw 2 versions and didint knwo what the difference is. Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
His is the first version. With the meat hook
Thank you. How do they compare to the wild 1 outlawz? Can't find the post but I read the malos were hard to get comfortable with the width.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thank you. How do they compare to the wild 1 outlawz? Can't find the post but I read the malos were hard to get comfortable with the width.
how do they compare? well, to me, the outlawz are ugly. dont think they look good on the road glide. and they're only 1.25. the malo's in my opinion are perfect for the road glide. the mad doggers are also dope bars. i havent read anywhere that the malos were too wide. they are normal width.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the stock clutch cable WAS long enough?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes it would have worked, I would have had to change the routing only slightly, I also changed because I went to the stealth cable that is all black, and Barnett makes the best cables in the biz.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those look awesome, I am putting Bukys on mine just not sure between Malos or the Assaults yet.
Assaults only come in 1.25" if that matters to you,..??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the look. How does Hids compare to the daymakers? Also, which Malo bar is that version 1 or 2. I went to thier website and saw 2 versions and didint knwo what the difference is. Thanks
This is from Socal Motor Gear's site
HID Color Temperature: 6000 Kelvin at 3200 Lumens
Our 6000k OEM bulbs are the most popular choice striking a great balance between optimum luminosity and visual appearance. Using a combination of different Light meters to conduct lumens testings, our field test results shows that our HID bulbs at 6000K produces the most optimum lumens output. The 6000K color temperature is a measurement in Degrees Kelvin that indicates the hue of the HID lighting source. Lower temperatures like 3000k will produce a golden yellow color, and 4300K still has a hint of yellow that some can see while higher color temperatures will output light with a hint of blue/purple effect. As you move higher up the K scale the bulbs will be bluer and eventually purple in color. Note that the higher the color temperature, the less light output (lumens) is produced. Most OEM vehicles today use 8000K and that is why you see the bluish tint look.

I really like these lights they are REALLY FREAKIN BRIGHT!!! (technical term RFB)
and at $185 they are certainly the best bang for the buck. (IMHO of course)
check out their site http://www.socalmotogear.com/category_s/36.htm

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have found no issues with width, I chose these bars to get a little more pullback (reach for my short arms), as you can see in the photos I rolled them back slightly. The stock bars were literally a pain in the neck after about an hour, the Malos are WAYYY more comfortable.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have found no issues with width, I chose these bars to get a little more pullback (reach for my short arms), as you can see in the photos I rolled them back slightly. The stock bars were literally a pain in the neck after about an hour, the Malos are WAYYY more comfortable.
That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am 6-1, not too concerned for forward reach but I dont want my hands being too wide apart. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It actually does matter as I do want the 1.5" I saw a picture of the assault on their FB page in 1.5 so I am guessing they will build what size you want.

Is the only difference that the assaults are actually wider than the malos?
When I called to order my bars I was going to get the Assault bars (because they were made for Roadglide and pull back was greater). That is when I found out they only come in 1.25". But check with them to be sure.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts