14K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  Clean&Sober 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, let's see if I can get these pictures uploaded correctly

Before

AFTER

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry it took so long

It took me a bit longer than anticipated to to do the install. Two days 20 plus hours. Ran into some snags ie: stock clutch cable was cross threaded and I had to re-tap cover. Molex connectors were a PITA!!!!!!! I was able to use the stock brake line with No problems what so ever. Also no electrical extensions were needed either. I installed SoCal HIDs (see picture below), as well as JM Rokkers and 250W 2ch amp. Both of those installs were a piece of cake. With the foam acoustic pad installed in the fairing, I mounted the ballasts for the HID light on top of the Headlight housing with Velcro, it fits just fine. The speakers are a huge improvement over stock and the HIDs are FREAKIN awsome!!

#6 ·
It took me a bit longer than anticipated to to do the install. Two days 20 plus hours. Ran into some snags ie: stock clutch cable was cross threaded and I had to re-tap cover. Molex connectors were a PITA!!!!!!! I was able to use the stock brake line with No problems what so ever. Also no electrical extensions were needed either. I installed SoCal HIDs (see picture below), as well as JM Rokkers and 250W 2ch amp. Both of those installs were a piece of cake. With the foam acoustic pad installed in the fairing, I mounted the ballasts for the HID light on top of the Headlight housing with Velcro, it fits just fine. The speakers are a huge improvement over stock and the HIDs are FREAKIN awsome!!
I love the look. How does Hids compare to the daymakers? Also, which Malo bar is that version 1 or 2. I went to thier website and saw 2 versions and didint knwo what the difference is. Thanks

#5 ·
Thanks, it was your site that gave me the idea in the first place!! :D

#8 ·
Thank you. How do they compare to the wild 1 outlawz? Can't find the post but I read the malos were hard to get comfortable with the width.

#13 ·
Yes it would have worked, I would have had to change the routing only slightly, I also changed because I went to the stealth cable that is all black, and Barnett makes the best cables in the biz.

#22 ·
I'm 5'10" and with the bars rolled back slightly my hands are only a little higher than they were with stock bars, but these are WAYYYY more comfortable :D

#23 ·
I just talked to Juan over at BUKY again. They just completed a prototype bar that has a little more pull back than the MALO bar. It is 1.5" ,,37" wide and the pull back will be 9"s. They curve very slightly backwards instead of outward like the Malos.

This may be just the ticket for me as a 5'9" rider and not wanting to have to reach.

They are crazy busy over there as the orders just keep piling in.

I have a couple pics but need to get them off my phone before i can post them.

#24 ·
Those bars sound perfect!! of course they are available now that I JUST put these on my bike :D
It took about 3 weeks to get my bars once ordered but I think it was worth the wait.
What are they calling the new bar? Post pics when you can.

#27 ·
Great, trying to decide what bar and now they throw in a new one. I do like the pic as it kinda gives you an idea. I'm 6-1 so I would like to see it in 14" rise.

#32 ·
Question on the 12" Malo... I know their website says 8 1/4" of pullback. Can someone tell me how that compares to stock bars? I have long arms and definitely don't want any more pullback than stock. I'm debating between the Buky Malos or the Carlini Gangsters. Also looking at 12" in both so that I don't have to extend wires.

For the 12", did you have to extend the throttle by wire? I've seen several posts that contradict whether or not you do. Chainsaw had an older post saying he installed an extended harley or screamin eagle throttle by wire but left stock wires and cables... Just confused cause everyone says something different.

Thanks!

#33 ·
I didn't have to extend anything with my 12" Buky bars.. All control wires were long enough and so were the clutch and brake......

The SE TBW is simply an extended harness which eliminates the Green plug inside the bars... Many just cut out the connector and solder the wires straight through... I did install the SE TBW (HD# 32310-08) to eliminate the hassle, and the chance that something might not work down the road.. Last thing I want to do is take the bars apart again....

#34 ·
running 14" santee currently, going to 16" Malo from Buky, should put on after Stugis, as I head out Tuesday a.m., Hope to see them when I get back to put on before the 110th.

#35 ·
Hey All...Has anyone tried or been in contact with buky recently?

The W/S lists a number of 562-373-5227

That number forwards to a different # that does not even specify you have reached BUKY bla bla bla leave a message....

seems weird for a business? IDK

any one have any info on that...also noticed BUKY is extremely hard to find in an online search...at least for me it was anyways....

Pretty much decided on BUKY for my RG but want to talk to someone in person to order...

I'm guessing there is a wait for these bars Yaffe was 3-4 weeks out and I think these are nicer...

#40 ·
As soon as I get them installed I will be posting up some pics of the Odyssey Bars.

I am waiting to get all my front end parts to do everything upfront in one swoop. DM Lights, grips, levers, chrome lowers, etc I will go ahead and put the monotubes on at the same time even though I know my 21in wheel and fender wont be here for a bit.

And you are right, they are not up on the site yet but if you call and talk to Juan he will give you the specs on those.

#41 ·
Thanks I'll check them out on fb...I was more wondering about the phone # no going through to an actual BUKY bar message...

Ill leave my message ther and see what happens...

Ill be getting the odyssey bar based on the specs I see here..

#42 ·
Buky has been having internet problems the last couple weeks. Even their ordering site is acting up. I've resorted to calling Juan on his personal cell phone to ask questions. If you Email them it might get through after switching to another site. I know all this is screaming fraud but every person who has dealt with them on this site seems to have gotten through eventually and ordered. I'm waiting for my 14 " black Malo bar for my 2012 Road Glide right now.

#43 ·
I did eventually get a gals voice on answering service and left a message...

Have not heard back yet but I cant really fault them for that, its a small company and obviously they are riders so they gotta have their weekend road time to...

Hopefully I will get an order in soon...and I can give out some more info on those Odessesy bars if they are in fact a production bar...

Sorry about Hijacking the post with this communication issue question BTW

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.