Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All
I know there are a lot of threads out there with this kind of stuff, but I just completed my handlebar switch and did ALL the work myself. I did not change out the brake lines OR the clutch cable. I did extend all of the wires (after routing them) just to make life easier.
Are Yaffe bars a b#*ch to route? Yup. Is it possible? YUP!

I think some folks will want to lengthen the clutch cable for aesthetic purposes...but I did not and it works just fine....bars turn left and right no prob...brake line has PLENTY of length.

Just thought I'd share!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well crap, and I went with the 10's just so I didn't have to install new clutch and brake lines...Oh well, still happy with them...I did notice that after I rerouted my clutch cable, I had room to spare, had a feeling 12's would have worked.

Good work, by the way, and let's see some pics!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Silly question but,

How can you judge if want the 12s or the 14s without having another bike to sit on or the bars to kind of get the feel for them.

I have this delimna now trying to judge the size I need.

tks

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm ordering my 12" yaffe's today. I still think they are the best looking bar out there on a Road Glide.
i think if you take a good look at the Malo or Mad Doggers by BukyBars.com, you might change your mind. I could be wrong though. Different strokes for different folks. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I went with the 12" bars and i can honestly say they look great but i think the 14" would have been alittle more comfy. Bc i had 14" on my fatboy and i loved them. So this is just my opinion but i have very happy with the 12"

·
Registered
210 Posts
Silly question but,

How can you judge if want the 12s or the 14s without having another bike to sit on or the bars to kind of get the feel for them.

I have this delimna now trying to judge the size I need.

tks
I spent a lot of time at my local bike night looking at bikes and bars and asking questions. I live about an hour away from the HD museum in Milwaukee. Bike night there consists of about 1000 bikes a week, so I got a good feel for what I wanted pretty quick.

You learn a lot at bike nights.

I could have gone with the 14's but I thought 12's looked better on a RGC. Just my opinion. I am sure the guys with 14's think theirs look good and I wouldn't argue with them (both look great).

Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts