Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have 12 inch bars could you post brand and pics and what cables and wires you had to extend. I have the Heritage and still feel like I am not sitting up right. Thanks:)

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
I have 12.5 wild1 chubbys, a cable kit from la choppers and a wiring kit from namz. Some people say you dont need to use longer anything with bars up to 14" though. Just reroute everything

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have a set of Wild Ones 612 Outlawz.

All cables and wires are stock. I just had to reroute the cables a little...

·
Registered
114 Posts
12 inch road 6 customs
reused all cables just had to reroute clutch cable
Man I almost pulled the trigger on a set of those...they look awesome!

No pics yet on my bars (still putting everything back together) but I went with the 12'' Khrome Werks Fat Apes and used all my stock cables and wiring. Like everyone else has said, you'll need to re-route the clutch more than likely but that's it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tech at Wild 1 just told me that I'd have to go +6 on brake and clutch for the 12.5" wo502 but stock will work for the 10" wo515.
So what I'm getting from what's been said stock will work with some rerouting?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check my thread a couple lines down on the KW 12'' fat apes. No need to replace or extend anything, all it took was patience and time! (thanks to Donk's write up of course)

·
Registered
304 Posts
12 inch road 6 customs
reused all cables just had to reroute clutch cable
Are these the 1" wide bottom bars i see on the site?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank's for the pics Going with the 12 inch Outlaws with SS Braided cables been wanting to get the cables so now is a good time

·
Registered
142 Posts
What are the bennies to the Heritage bars? I hear lots of people on here saying that they go that route.
A lot of folks like them over the stock bar. I hate them. I've pushed them backwards and forwards and have to deal with shoulder blade pain and my hands going numb.

I should be getting my new wave 2 bars from BR Custom next week. I bought them for the pull back and the wrist angle is better than the heritage bar. Once I get them installed, I'll post pictures. I hope the long wait for the bars is worth it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's my problem I can't get rid of the shoulder pain,Moved them back and forward still no luck was so bad one time had to go to PT for 5 weeks to get everything right they said my shoulder muscles had a big knot in each one:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got my WO502's, and the tech at Wild 1s also told me I'd need to change everything to +6. From what I'm reading here, it seems like some of you used your factory cables. If anyone HAS changed to the +6, what all did you change and do you have part numbers?
My local HD dealer wants $759.00 for everything. I told him I'm JUST buying cables and such, not a whole bike!!

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Just got my WO502's, and the tech at Wild 1s also told me I'd need to change everything to +6. From what I'm reading here, it seems like some of you used your factory cables. If anyone HAS changed to the +6, what all did you change and do you have part numbers?
My local HD dealer wants $759.00 for everything. I told him I'm JUST buying cables and such, not a whole bike!!
I did the wo502s. I love them. Height along with the width are factors in determing weather or not to extend cables and wiring. These bars are wider than the outlaw bars everyone uses stock cables and wiring with. I used a braided cable kit from LA CHOPPERS and wire extentions from NAMZ in order to keep everything in the stock locations. I ordered both from a dealer that was having a big sale and if i remember correctly i paid $250ish for everything. The cable kits run like 10/14" and so on. Everything you need will be in the kits. NAMZ wiring came color coded to to factory wiring which made it easier as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man! Wish I knew what dealer you got them from. All the local HD shops are playing like they're clueless. Seems they only want to sell me their high $$ cables

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Thanks man! Wish I knew what dealer you got them from. All the local HD shops are playing like they're clueless. Seems they only want to sell me their high $$ cables
Get online an check out LA CHOPPERS site. Im not sure if you can order direct from them but its worth a try to save a few bucks. A lot a places sell the kits so search around im sure youll find them

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did get the outlaws installed +4 on clutch cable stock wires are long enough for these bars
Roadglide_Rider check with PC-Pain on what you need

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally got the HD catalog out and went thru searching for the cables and such that I need. Of course HD doesn't make the TBW extensions, but by going aftermarket on that AND getting the diamonback HD cables, I can only come up with about $350-$400 for everything. I KNOW I can beat their price by $$ if I order online and aftermarket. I have NO IDEA what the parts guys at my local dealership were trying to sell me, but it doesn't even come close to the $759 price tag they quoted.
One question I do have, is whether I need a wire extension kit for the left side as well. Everyone only mentions the TBW on the right side.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts