Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the 12" outlawz from wild 1. took a ride and very comfy. arms atraight out about a 3" rise over stock. all stock wires and cables. just rerout the clutch cable.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ive been sitting here looking at bars all morning trying to decide on what I want. I been going back and forth on these exact bars. 10" or 12". The comment about only 3" above stock rise... Is that correct?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Waxman, these are 12" outlaws with a 8" KW windshield just to give you some perspective. Mine are pushed as far forward as possible and I have to reach for them. I'm 6'1.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Waxman, I spent all last week trying to decide on bars too. Way too many to choose from.

I finally decided to go with 12". Several people like NewSchoolBagger said you can do 12" with just rerouting the cables. I didn't go with the outlaws but gave them consideration. I'm 6'3" and planning on running 12" bars with an 8" KW windshield.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
front shot

that is the klockwerks 12" windshield and the bars just clear it from side to side. the stock bars are about a 9" bar. look at my pic from front facing i hope that gives you a better understanding on the rise. i am 6' with 31" inseam and these feel great just about straight arm from where i sit in the saddle.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Waxman, I spent all last week trying to decide on bars too. Way too many to choose from.

I finally decided to go with 12". Several people like NewSchoolBagger said you can do 12" with just rerouting the cables. I didn't go with the outlaws but gave them consideration. I'm 6'3" and planning on running 12" bars with an 8" KW windshield.
Halstem,

Which bars did you go with, if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for replys guys. Im signing the papers today or tomorrow. This thread has comvinced me to do it. Go with the 12's.
Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry. Didnt mean to hijack your thread.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Halstem,

Which bars did you go with, if you dont mind me asking?
I don't mind! After MUCH debate, i went with the Buky Malo... I hope they don't look too aggressive. After seeing your bars, i'm wonder if I made the right choice. Your bars look great!!! I wanted the extra width and the 1.5" bar though.

I'm horrible at making decisions like this.

Bike looks awesome NewSchoolBagger!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't mind! After MUCH debate, i went with the Buky Malo... I hope they don't look too aggressive. After seeing your bars, i'm wonder if I made the right choice. Your bars look great!!! I wanted the extra width and the 1.5" bar though.

I'm horrible at making decisions like this.

Bike looks awesome NewSchoolBagger!
Thaks a lot. really appreciate the compliment. all my buddys had the yaffe bars and i didnt want my scoot to look like theirs. i did like the fact that the wild1 bars gave the feel of the stock bars which worked well for me, i just wanted higher. I wasnt into that meathook look, i wanted the bike to flow with the fairing. Good luck with the new bars. love that color bike you got!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thaks a lot. really appreciate the compliment. all my buddys had the yaffe bars and i didnt want my scoot to look like theirs. i did like the fact that the wild1 bars gave the feel of the stock bars which worked well for me, i just wanted higher. I wasnt into that meathook look, i wanted the bike to flow with the fairing. Good luck with the new bars. love that color bike you got!
Thanks man. I'll post a pic when I get them. I do hate how everyone and their mom is running Yaffe Monkeys. We'll see if I like the meat hooks when I get them on. Hard to tell from pics and I've never seen the Buky's in person.

Gotta love the BBP!

Ride safe!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just installed the 12" outlawz from wild 1. took a ride and very comfy. arms atraight out about a 3" rise over stock. all stock wires and cables. just rerout the clutch cable.
So if you position the 12" Outlawz in-line with the forks, what is the difference in pullback compared to stock? 3" rise sounds nice but also need more pullback than stock bars...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
So if you position the 12" Outlawz in-line with the forks, what is the difference in pullback compared to stock? 3" rise sounds nice but also need more pullback than stock bars...
Yep. Please post any direct side-view pics of 12" Outlawz with rising section aligned with forks. Then we can see actual real-world results.

·
Registered
29 Posts
NSB, what is the part # you ordered? I want to keep the same RG feel just a little higher like you said. How did you re-route your clutch cable?

Thanks bud!

·
Registered
29 Posts
NSB, are yours 33" tip to tip? I think the stock bar is 32"?

Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts