Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you have posted your bar swaps, so in my best efforts to be a cool guy heres mine!
The victim is my 13 fltrx , to put it bluntly stock bars blow! I wanted my arms about level so my hands wont fall asleep on longer rides. Liked the look of the wild1z chubby outlawz so i ordered them and they were backordered!!! Got them in last night and finished them up after work today! Super happy with the fit, finish and feel of these bars! Best part is, stock wiring, stock brake lines, stock clutch cable(rerouted). Im a former auto mechanic turned HVAC tech so i have a good tool selection and mechanical ability. Ive got roughly 5 - 5.5 hours into it , which i was ok with seeing as ive never done this before.
Heres my worldy advice on a project like this, 1 its really not that bad, you can have the stock bars on the work bench in 1/2 hr, just take your time, especially with the molex connectors, make a diagram and be detailed
2) when pulling in the right side harness for internal wiring, give yourself a few inches and then tape the fly by wire to the other harness so its smaller and pulls easier. Use the push pull method. I cut off the stock vinly wrap and used a wire mesh loom.
3) cover everything with towels, and the bars come shipped with styrofoam over them, leave it on as youll rotate the bars 50 times working in the wires!
Hope it helps, happy riding all

Attachments

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Looks good mitch. I did the same bars and like them as well. Good advice on the install. Ride safe and enjoy your bars.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good looking bars. I have 14" Wild 1 bagger bars on mine. Really love Wild 1 bars. They're really comfortable and just look fantastic.

Let us know how you feel about them once you get some miles racked up.

Best,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts