Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I took delivery of my new 17 Road Glide on Saturday and planning on installing my 12" Yaffes that came in yesterday. I've been very curious as to what they actually measured at because I have read about various dimensions for these bars. I have most often read that they measure higher then listed but my bars came in right at 12" measuring from the middle of the center bar to the bottom end of the handles, the same as they show in their diagram on their site. BUT, the width of the bars measure at 34" and their site says they should be 35" end to end. I know some people have complained or thought they got the wrong bars....what do you all think? I was expecting these to "look" taller but they actually look closer to the 10" bars pics I've seen. I haven't taken them off the cardboard they came mounted on in the box, in case I want to return them, so they may look different once I take them out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bars measured over 12", not quite 14" but darn close. I did not measure the width however.

And that's what I was expecting. I wonder if they changed the dims along the way.....I know they are different for the pre-14s but would assume since then they would be the same. I wanted to go as high as I could without changing cables or wiring; if yours are almost 14 and still work with stock cables and wires I will inquire on exchanging, and ask them if it's possible I received the 10s instead. The labels on the outside of the box seem to be the correct number, but not sure if that's directly from the factory or if the store just put them on.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yeah, everything worked for cables and lines on my 2015, so if they are not 12"'s then yeah see if they can exchange. I got mine in January, so they should be the same as yours.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
My bars measured over 12", not quite 14" but darn close. I did not measure the width however.
screenshot software
Was that the end-rise height?
Btw you have a very nice bike, what type of solo-seat do you have? I really like the colors!

@ RoadGLiderMN: the only difference between the "classic" and "Rushmore" MBs are the clamp-area dimension (classic: 1" and Rushmore: 1.1/4").
The 10" has a 34" overall width wheras the 12" has a 35", so it appears as if you have a 10" MBs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ RoadGLiderMN: the only difference between the "classic" and "Rushmore" MBs are the clamp-area dimension (classic: 1" and Rushmore: 1.1/4").
The 10" has a 34" overall width wheras the 12" has a 35", so it appears as if you have a 10" MBs.

Well I called the place I bought the bars from and asked them. On their site they actually list these bars as being 33" wide. I talked with the owner and he said the width dims vary because some will list with the grips also, making them wider....but he told me to contact sales @ baggernation. I sent them an email, waiting for a reply.
Here are both Yaffes and Factory 47 12" bars....I don't know, they kind of both look like 14" to me, but maybe because of the meathook rise. Still, I don't think my bars look that tall, but may once I mount them. Regardless, once I get bars mounted I will definitely take pics to compare!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Was that the end-rise height?
Btw you have a very nice bike, what type of solo-seat do you have? I really like the colors!

Thanks brother :) The seat is a Mustang Wide Tripper. As soon as I saw it in that color I was drooling on the color combo. I think it worked out,

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

Well I called the place I bought the bars from and asked them. On their site they actually list these bars as being 33" wide. I talked with the owner and he said the width dims vary because some will list with the grips also, making them wider....but he told me to contact sales @ baggernation. I sent them an email, waiting for a reply.
Here are both Yaffes and Factory 47 12" bars....I don't know, they kind of both look like 14" to me, but maybe because of the meathook rise. Still, I don't think my bars look that tall, but may once I mount them. Regardless, once I get bars mounted I will definitely take pics to compare!
To be honest, when I first got my bars, I thought they looked a little short. But once on I was happy. Not sure what I was expecting, but am very happy with them. My boss has 10" Chizeled HD bars and they are clearly shorter.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
12" Factory 47 Signature Bars. From what I gather these are wider by 3" total over the Yaffee MB. They're 36" wide. My buddy bought the MB. 12" but they're not on yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
12" Factory 47 Signature Bars. From what I gather these are wider by 3" total over the Yaffee MB. They're 36" wide. My buddy bought the MB. 12" but they're not on yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
This might give you an idea compared to the 12" 47's

photo hosting

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Well I called the place I bought the bars from and asked them. On their site they actually list these bars as being 33" wide. I talked with the owner and he said the width dims vary because some will list with the grips also, making them wider....but he told me to contact sales @ baggernation. I sent them an email, waiting for a reply. Here are both Yaffes and Factory 47 12" bars....I don't know, they kind of both look like 14" to me, but maybe because of the meathook rise. Still, I don't think my bars look that tall, but may once I mount them. Regardless, once I get bars mounted I will definitely take pics to compare!
That's weird - Baggernation states the dim figures given in my previous post: the 10" end-rise height has a 34" width, 12" has 35", 14" has 36" and 16" has 36.5".
I would like to add that you (to me at least...) have to install the bars on the bike to get a proper impression of height etc.

Let us know how it turned out with pics and all! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine are being installed tomorrow. 12 inch Yaffe. I will post a picture tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't heard back yet from baggernation so I think I will just install these bars, hopefully this weekend. Those who have installed the 12", have you had to reroute your cables or wiring in anyway?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, so I FINALLY got around to installing the bars. Install wasn't too bad, about what I expected. I used all stock cables and wiring, had to cut cable ties, and the the 3 control cables with the black and orange connectors were a tad bit short so I removed the mating connectors from the plate where the cables were tie wrapped to....gave it a bit of slack so not too stressed. I really don't think 14" apes would work with stock cables without putting too much stress on them. Both the clutch and brake cables didn't have much slack left, after I rerouted them in front of the bars. Overall though the bars are great! I do have to reach farther forward so I tilted them back a bit. Height and angle seem just about right for me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts