Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if the 120 speedo limiter can be overridden on my 12 Glide or will it damage the speedo? I have the power vision tuner.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Hmmm......well a very good source tells me that on a 2010 once you get to 120 the speedometer just stays there for a few seconds then goes to 0. That's what happens with a TMax, doesn't hurt the speedometer at all. I'm pretty sure the 12 will be the same.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Anybody know if the 120 speedo limiter can be overridden on my 12 Glide or will it damage the speedo? I have the power vision tuner.
Power Vision calibrations set the Speed Limiter to 255KPH/158MPH and the speedo will operate normally.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I have been that fast on bikes designed to go 150 and stuff happens fast at those speeds.

I would not attempt 120 on my roadglide without suspension mods, tour pack removed, and a shorty windscreen mounted.

What RPM is the engine turning at that speed?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have been that fast on bikes designed to go 150 and stuff happens fast at those speeds.

I would not attempt 120 on my roadglide without suspension mods, tour pack removed, and a shorty windscreen mounted.

What RPM is the engine turning at that speed?
You be surprised.... Dont get me wrong my touring bikes are not like my R1 but they hold their own. My 16 rgs is pretty solid at those speeds, and i feel totally safe. Now my 14 street glide special is a different story. The difference between the 2 fairings is amazing especially on a windy day.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I've been to 120 a few times on my '13 two up and fully loaded, last year en-route to Sharkweek was one of those. Bike handles fine although the road was straight and flat.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Interesting you should mention that...

I mounted the 81's tour pack on my 10 for Bike Week, and had her out on the interstate to see how it would handle (solo first..). Normally she's rock stable at 110+. But I could definitely feel it back there at 90-95mph trying to wiggle my ass as the wind buffeted around it. I gave a buck a quick light kiss - while gripping the seat with my asshole - and decided not to push it any farther.

So... Yes, definitely leave the plastic TP home...so you don't need a roll of TP after finding out why it isn't recommended.:grin:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the 110 tire shredder kit installed and when I got it back it would only run 107 Mph, a lot slower than my 103. Dealer is saying the new software for the SE tuner puts a hard limit in even on the race tuner. I'm not happy with the top end speed but getting there is a blast!! I have run this bike and the last one maxed out with the tour pack on with no stability issues. The current bike has suspension work done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Maybe it's the wing on the Chopped Tour Pak?? LMFAO >:) But "The Short Bus" doesn't feel any different at any speed... Stable as a brick...

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
But my speedometer stops rising @ 120 can I tune this out with my powervision so the speedo will keep winding?
If you are using a Power Vision the speedo will report above 120, if it is stopping at 120 you have likely reached top speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts