Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard good / bad about the new 120 ST? Dealer is installing one in my 2015 RG this week.:)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Anyone heard good / bad about the new 120 ST? Dealer is installing one in my 2015 RG this week.:)
It is crap 106hp/117tq it is a dog, harley will never make a good power motor they are under too many restrictions..

Better off just getting a used 103 - 107 fuelmoto or Dragos kit and it will still be faster and a whole lot cheaper..

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It is crap 106hp/117tq it is a dog, harley will never make a good power motor they are under too many restrictions..

Better off just getting a used 103 - 107 fuelmoto or Dragos kit and it will still be faster and a whole lot cheaper..
X2

Get yourself a S&S 124 crate motor with a warranty built right for the same price.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I wouldn't say that it is crap, but it certainly is neutered on performance. You would need to put some work into it to get sufficient performance out of it. Like Pat says, for similar money there are better options.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I wouldn't say that it is crap, but it certainly is neutered on performance. You would need to put some work into it to get sufficient performance out of it. Like Pat says, for similar money there are better options.
That is why it is crap lol, buy a turd then polish it.. waste of cash.

Now there is 1 situation where it maybe worth it.. I get 25% off harley parts + some dealers are giving 1500 for your old motor.. so 2625 + 800 for the install 3425.00 now it is looking a little better :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

No they are crap. Pressed crank,crappy lifters. Builders advise tear down and replace parts before the motor is installed. Google " harley 120 problems"

It's bigger piece of crap than the motor that comes in the bike.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
bet you're sorry you asked.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beginning to think that! Nothing ventured - nothing gained.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts