Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the 1000 mile break in completed so I took her in for a full dyno tune. Final numbers are 135HP/132TQ. Very happy with the results, this thing is a blast to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Both those curves look like lots of fun! Tons of TQ down low & some screaming HP at the high end. A/F ratio looks spot on for good drivability, I'd bet that 120R puts a big :D on your face!

If you ever go for a gentle (under 75MPH) 200-mile highway ride I'd like to know what the MPG is. I'm not expecting it to get fabulous MPG, but it may surprise some folks with all that TQ down low...some short-shifting (if you able to resist twisting the throttle) may yield good results.

Normally I wouldn't be as interested, but in this day of $4+ premium gas...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
That's not bad at all for such a monster when you twist the throttle.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was talking to Doc about the future for my Springer and getting a more aggressive build and he recommended the 120R. His comment was that it "was going to put a lot of engine builders our of business." By the time you do everything required to get the same power our of a normal TC, you will be above the cost of buying the 120.

Congrats on the new engine and enjoy the ride!

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
I was talking to Doc about the future for my Springer and getting a more aggressive build and he recommended the 120R. His comment was that it "was going to put a lot of engine builders our of business." By the time you do everything required to get the same power our of a normal TC, you will be above the cost of buying the 120.

Congrats on the new engine and enjoy the ride!
Yes, that's what I ran into in Jackson.
The engine was 5100 and a 107 mod was 5500 go figure :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dyno

I hope i can get close to those numbers!! only have 250 miles on my 120r and it is a blast to ride.I will dyno the bike when i get back from florida in march and post the #s. enjoy your ride!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I imagine that $5100 will have to have some more dollars added by the time you hook it up and dyno it. I guess the $5500 was out the door. Im sure that 120 is a bad dude, though. I'd like to see how close my 117 could stay to it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
How reliable is that big motor? Any issues with it yet?? I just built a 95'' motor for 5gs but its solid..i am thinking of pumping up my new glide that has a stock 96'' but dont now if i should build it like my 95 or just get a harley kit....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts