Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
120ST D&D Boarzilla

Just had my new motor Dyno'd and came out with some pretty good numbers. More importantly it runs real smooth throughout all rpm ranges. Very happy with the way it pulls when you get on it. Definitely puts a smile on your face. 124hp/131tq

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1440292263.737072.jpg

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Looking fwd to a dyno tune on my 120ST..... GREAT numbers!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. The numbers are a little higher than I actually expected but I know that's all relative. All I know is that my buddies that I normally ride with that have CVO's, and one with a 2015 w/Stage IV, are looking to spend more money to try and keep up. Lol! It really is a different world from what I was used to with the 110". And it was a great running 110". Yes I know there are plenty out there that are faster but for 259e cams this thing is more than adequate. People will be pleasantly surprised if HD starts putting these in the CVO's one day.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nice curves!!! Good #s!!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Thanks guys. The numbers are a little higher than I actually expected but I know that's all relative. All I know is that my buddies that I normally ride with that have CVO's, and one with a 2015 w/Stage IV, are looking to spend more money to try and keep up. Lol! It really is a different world from what I was used to with the 110". And it was a great running 110". Yes I know there are plenty out there that are faster but for 259e cams this thing is more than adequate. People will be pleasantly surprised if HD starts putting these in the CVO's one day.
What tuner did you go with? Still debating this one....

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What tuner did you go with? Still debating this one....
I already had the SEPST and that is what my tech knows so I just stuck with that. I would suggest that you decide on who you are going to get to tune your bike and then go with what they suggest. They will do a much better job if it is software they know inside and out.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Very true.... I got aN indy that charges a bit more for dyno... but we'll worth it. I'll give him a call before I get any tuner

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just priced out this 120 today for mine as well... are you dyno numbers from a bone stock crate motor or did you modify it?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Wow..thats like almost double my 2010 96ci!!...dont you need a driver backrest to stay on it!! Awesome!!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Where is your lonely feeling unwanted 110?...lol

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where is your lonely feeling unwanted 110?...lol
Sitting on my garage floor with a busted bottom end. I've been meaning to tear it apart to see if the top end parts are all OK to sell. The crankshaft bearing went out so I'm not sure what all is damaged. I do have the 50mm throttle body and some chrome parts off the new 120 that I will put up for sale soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been researching the 120ST and 120R almost non-stop the last 48 hours. I found some older 2011/2012 posts about lifter wear related to too high of spring pressure at the valve train, like having to change them by 20k miles. Anyone know if this was corrected or if the 120ST has different lifters/springs?

RGKen, I've seen several of your posts in other threads, but it escapes me when you changed out to the 120ST... what is your mileage now any issues? I believe you are running the D&D 2-into-1 pipe. What oil are you running in your motor?

I'm running Redline in my 103, I assume everyone is running synthetic in these motors. I hate to spend all this $$$ and have to rebuild the valve train in 20k miles... I do that in a year.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have right at 5k miles on it so far and I am running Amsoil Synthetic.
Yes I am running the D&D Boarzilla.

The ST has the same components as the 120R except for the cams but I don't know if the lifters are the same as 2011. I have a friend that has over 34k miles on his 120R and he hasn't had a single issue. I will add that he doesn't even come close to babying it either. He is full bore everywhere he goes.

My ESP paid for my 110" to be replaced and opted for the 120ST because of the amount of miles that I ride and it having the 1yr warranty and it comes with the 58mm TB. Also my thinking was that the 259E cams would be a better everyday riding cam over the 266 cams. Only time will tell if this thing is going to hold up and I still have my warranty and ESP if it doesn't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea I'm with you on the smaller cam and regular use, however the guys at the service counter looked at me like a had three eyes when I mentioned that.... lol. Nice to hear the 120R of your buddies is holding up well with 34K miles under "acceptable use"... hehe.

How about heat issues? Anything more then expected for such a large mill?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts