Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been a year now and my scooter still runs as well as it did when I picked it up from Doc's. Pulls hard right from the start and continues up to 4,000 R's. Wondering what the trade off will be if I change cams? Adding more top-end torque might make it suffer in the low R's?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Look at the T-Man 625s, they pull from down low to the redline.

From the Dyno sheets that I have seen, the 625s have really nice curves in 110s / 113s, they will really improve (extend) the operating range over the 255s. TR recommends 10.2 - 10.6 cr

'Am bringing the 625s to my Dealer today, for the 117 / DD7 Build in the '09 SERG.

'Am told that the 625s run pretty quiet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Don't know why you'd touch it if you like the way it runs, and since it was tuned by Doc, one of the best tuners anywhere.

I've spoken to him about his 110 builds like he did for you, but went with a local builder who, like Doc, recommends leaving in the stock 255 cams for the best low end torque- my builder re-degreed the cams, which I believe changes the valve opening and closings a bit.

Don't fall for all the internet hype- knowledgable, real world Harley builders like ours build and tune an engine by using a COMBINATION of work and parts which make the final product. I personally wouldn't mess with that combination- I'll bet you would be worse off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts