Road Glide banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you give me a few days I'll let you know, because I just added a set of stock shocks from a 2013 glide to my 08 and have a lowering kit but haven't installed it yet. I plan on installing it on Monday so I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
On my 2012 RG...... Lowered and Home Brew air ride. No bottoming out. But, when you say riding two up. I was 225 lb. wife was 105 lb.

your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
The 13 fltrx already has 12 inch shocks in the rear. The 08 and earlier models have 13 inch shocks and the fltru has 13 inch shocks.
Since your bike already is lower than most Road Glide models the only advantage in lowering the rear end is getting the COOL look, you will sacrifice ride and handling and ground clearance if the bike is lowered.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 13 fltrx already has 12 inch shocks in the rear. The 08 and earlier models have 13 inch shocks and the fltru has 13 inch shocks.
Since your bike already is lower than most Road Glide models the only advantage in lowering the rear end is getting the COOL look, you will sacrifice ride and handling and ground clearance if the bike is lowered.
I am looking at lowering the front more than the rear. I am 280 and wife is 130 or so she says. I will have to confirm. Please take up a cot/shelter collection for me.

I am not liking the gap between the front fender and the fairing. A taller tire would make that go away too but I was looking at upgrading and lowering at the same time if possible. I will be making the Sturgis trip from Texas this year 2 up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.