Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey RGForum. My name is Steve from Dubuque IA. I am working on my street/stunt Road Glide I picked up and am rebuilding to drag the rear fender and bags. I have one idea I am trying to pursue. I want to remove the radio, speakers, gauges. Basically gut the faring to drop all the front end weight, but still have the fairing. That part is no problem, what I am looking to do it have an inner fairing that doesn't have all the mounting holes left. Like a race body kit for a sport bike. I don't have a lot of experience with fiberglass molding but am entertaining that aspect.

What do you guys think?
Anyone know of a drop in fairing I can buy?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hey RGForum. My name is Steve from Dubuque IA. I am working on my street/stunt Road Glide I picked up and am rebuilding to drag the rear fender and bags. I have one idea I am trying to pursue. I want to remove the radio, speakers, gauges. Basically gut the faring to drop all the front end weight, but still have the fairing. That part is no problem, what I am looking to do it have an inner fairing that doesn't have all the mounting holes left. Like a race body kit for a sport bike. I don't have a lot of experience with fiberglass molding but am entertaining that aspect.

What do you guys think?
Welcome. FLTRXSE huh? You’re seriously going to wreck a CVO paint job? Which CVO is it?

·
Registered
362 Posts

What do you guys think?

No radio delete but Harley did offer a 76286-96 Glove Box, Harley also offered a pouch that fit in the glove box (58313-96).

For the Electra Glide standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the Atomic Orange/Galaxy Grey, I bought it with 76k on it from a person who gave no care to the paint/chrome. I'm sure I won't be doing it any favors for what I am about to do to it, however, I believe I'll give it more attention in my modifications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I attached some pictures of where I am at with it currently. This isn't my first Harley stunt build, but it is my first touring. I'm in process of skimming/trimming the bags I have from a 13 TRX, plus chopping the fender for a scrape and foot bar. I'm sure this is CVO sacrilege, but at what I have into it, it's very worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you're just going to toss the stock radio, send it to me.:grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts