Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure I should just ask the experts...

I want to replace the stock Harley head unit with something else.... it HAS to have Bluetooth! Looking at the Alpine CDE-HD149-BT. I already have the JM Rokker setup (250w amp & 7.5 Rokker speakers) I will eventually go to a 4 channel setup with speakers in the bag lids.

Anybody have any info on this unit?

Who makes the best mounting kit?

Who makes the best control interface? I really want to stream the music off my iphone and be able to skip up or down a song using the handlebar controls.

Any reputable stereo installers in NH?

Thank for the advice guys!

Woodsy

·
Registered
516 Posts

I want to replace the stock Harley head unit with something else.... it HAS to have Bluetooth! Looking at the Alpine CDE-HD149-BT. I already have the JM Rokker setup (250w amp & 7.5 Rokker speakers) I will eventually go to a 4 channel setup with speakers in the bag lids.

Who makes the best control interface? I really want to stream the music off my iphone and be able to skip up or down a song using the handlebar controls.

Woodsy
I've had my 149bt for over a year.. works great can still see the display in sunlight. I used the HawgWired hand control kit, works perfect with no issues. I also used the HawgWired install kit, but wish I had done the V-Twin audio install kit as they have a nice waterproof cover..

I have been caught in the rain a couple of times with no cover and still haven't had any issues with the Alpine.

·
Registered
354 Posts
In this months Bagger Magazine there is an article on the Aquatic AV H-D Bluetooth stereo system. Look good and fully water proof. Mag says $219, but J&P cycles is $350. I'll be looking into that.

·
Super Moderator
12,430 Posts

Woodsy

I have the Alpine 149bt with the Hawgwired control unit, and the VTwin audio install kit, works great, I've had it just over a year and love it. As mentioned by OKBigD the VTwin kit has a really good looking rain cover that works.

In this months Bagger Magazine there is an article on the Aquatic AV H-D Bluetooth stereo system. Look good and fully water proof. Mag says $219, but J&P cycles is $350. I'll be looking into that.
I looked at this unit recently, but one drawback for the OP is that you can't control the IPod from the hand controls, and there are other features the Alpine has this unit lacks, but it is nice and worth considering.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have a Pioneer DEH-9800bhs. 4v preamp output, BT, etc connected to a PAC controller for hand controls with a Vtwin audio mount and splash cover.
I'm love it. Just installed this year so I haven't put any miles in it yet but in my garage it's awesome.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
I just put a pioneer bt head unit with vtwin audio kit with splash shield and a pac controller with the scosche harness for the thumb controls. I love it and it's easy to install. Vtwin makes a great set up and their splash shield is fantastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts