Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought them and am not shure how much more clutch cable of brake line or fbw i might need any thoughts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Please post pic's when your done. I had these on my 08 SG and loved them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to see what they look like. I have a 2000 RG and I am thinking about installing ape hangers on mine but limited on funds so if they work without having to extend the brake lines or clutch cable it will be easier to convince the wife to let me swap them out.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wires you are all set on the length. I had abs so my brake would have been diff compared to you. On the clutch I when with a +6 and that was to much. Might be able to squeeze the clutch in without changing it out. What I would do is install the bars and see if you need the clutch. You can order one while you F around with the internal wires.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Pics!

I agree! Pics please! I am wanting to install the same on my 09 so let us know what u run into (hopefully they bolt right on!):D

·
Registered
213 Posts
i would say 14" is the max on the cables, but i guess it depends on which tape measure the manufacturer used. I have 14" santees and i only extended a few wires that were probably ok. Ill run things to the limit, with in being safe ofcourse but they are about maxed out i wouldnt go bigger.

Mines and 2010.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts