Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$275 shipped -

A like new 13" MAdstad with the holes drilled one inch higher. Having Madstad drill the holes one inch higher allows for more coverage of the brackets. Check it out in the photo. It works great and had it on the bike for one 20 mile trip, so it still looks like 100% new (no bugs were sacrifice on the test ride). It has the new robo bracket as this was just purchased in Jan 2014.

So before anyone asks - I just don't like the looks, the Klockwerks 8" is more my speed.

The invoice states:

RK3-HRG13-EDG Easy-Adjust System Complete - Harley Road Glide 13" Extra Dark Gray Shield

Attachments

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I believe the base is drilled just for a CVO, so I heard. Might want to check with mark.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
SmokeyJoe, Sorry for my rant earlier on your thread. I will create my own thread on the topic at a later time when I have done some more research and have facts to support. Best of luck selling the shield and I know it will find a happy home.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SmokeyJoe, Sorry for my rant earlier on your thread. I will create my own thread on the topic at a later time when I have done some more research and have facts to support. Best of luck selling the shield and I know it will find a happy home.

No issues, i cant believe there would be a difference in a CVO and nonCVO bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Right off of Madstad

If you have a 2010 or up Screaming Eagle (CVO) Road Glide, please indicate this in the "Bike year, make, model" field. Your fairing is a little larger than the standard Glide fairing and the MadStad adapter plate is different.

I wished it wasn't true. Good luck

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It cannot be true. I have had three other shields on my bike.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I'm almost tempted, just to see what the Madstad is like. BTW I have a windshield that I bought from a member with a CVO, I didn't notice anything different, it fit fine, I just changed it out for my present windshield. IMO to say the windshield is different would mean the fairing is different, I don't think it is. .......

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I'm almost tempted, just to see what the Madstad is like. BTW I have a windshield that I bought from a member with a CVO, I didn't notice anything different, it fit fine, I just changed it out for my present windshield. IMO to say the windshield is different would mean the fairing is different, I don't think it is. .......

Sent from my SPH-L710
I agree with you dbell... I have also made numerous swaps between CVO and non-CVO bikes without issue. Let me say though that I think Mark and his staff at MadStad are top-notch and make a wonderful product that delivers. But I do not know why they claim the fairings are different. The only thing I can figure is that the stock CVO windshields are thicker that the non-CVO's. So if you measure from screw head to screw head the thicker CVO windshield would be slightly further apart on the outside of the curve.

Another thing that I keep in mind is that no other windshield manufacturer for the Road Glide makes that claim.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I agree with you dbell... I have also made numerous swaps between CVO and non-CVO bikes without issue. Let me say though that I think Mark and his staff at MadStad are top-notch and make a wonderful product that delivers. But I do not know why they claim the fairings are different. The only thing I can figure is that the stock CVO windshields are thicker that the non-CVO's. So if you measure from screw head to screw head the thicker CVO windshield would be slightly further apart on the outside of the curve.

Another thing that I keep in mind is that no other windshield manufacturer for the Road Glide makes that claim.
Long Ride shields makes the claim. When I ordered my Mako they asked me about it and I was told there is a difference. I'm beginning to wonder if it's just on the CVO Ultra that there's a difference after reading so many post of people swapping shields between CVO and non CVO bikes. I know I tried a 13" Windvest on my CVO Ultra and it didn't fit.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Long Ride shields makes the claim. When I ordered my Mako they asked me about it and I was told there is a difference. I'm beginning to wonder if it's just on the CVO Ultra that there's a difference after reading so many post of people swapping shields between CVO and non CVO bikes. I know I tried a 13" Windvest on my CVO Ultra and it didn't fit.

When I had my 2010 FLTRX my buddy gave me his Stock shield off of his 2011 FLTRUSE and it fit just fine. We also swapped a couple of different Windvest shields without issue. The Madstad that I have on my 2012 CVO now came off of my old FLTRX and it fit just fine.

I don't have to call Mark because I know what he says and that is why we are having the debate. I have also talked to no less than a half dozen people who work for HD and they all say the fairings come from the same mold. Maybe there are some inconsistencies in manufacturing the outer fairing. Who knows....?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts